Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MBT, SA, Paralell

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
edited July 2017 in Logical Reasoning 1723 karma

So the common denominator between all 3 of these question types is..logic.
I have been through the curriculum multiple times. I know how to translate into logic. I have memorized the indicators. I understand existential quantifiers.
Why am i struggling so much with these?

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Well, what is it about these question types that makes you struggle? I would assume if you're doing well with formal logic and you go that route with these question types, then you should be doing fine with them..

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

I think its just a time sink for me. I cannot seem to get faster w them. So i end up skipping them. But then i get in my head that i cant solve them in time... and the rest is history

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    So the common denominator between all 3 of these question types is..logic.
    I have been through the curriculum multiple times. I know how to translate into logic. I have memorized the indicators. I understand existential quantifiers.
    Why am i struggling so much with these?

Even still, I think you may need to re-examine the strength of your understanding of conditional logic. At the very least, perhaps your application is off a bit.

When you see a MBT question, for example, what is causing the problem? More specifically, where in the process do you start to get confused?

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    I think its just a time sink for me. I cannot seem to get faster w them. So i end up skipping them. But then i get in my head that i cant solve them in time... and the rest is history

Well, maybe try using intuition and piecing together w/o logic with some questions. Typically, I don't use logic unless the stimulus is VERY heavy on the some/most/only, etc statements. Maybe you're too focused on trying to translate the stimulus into logic when you can just be mentally thinking about the stimulus instead.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

For example PT43 S2 Q17,and Q18. I was able to do both after spending entirely too long deciphering them