Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which T-14 Schools Have Interviews?

dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
edited July 2017 in Law School Admissions 617 karma

I've been searching for hours but haven't been able to find a useful or remotely comprehensive list. It seems like Northwestern and Georgetown do in-person interviews, and Harvard, Columbia, and UChicago do videoconference interviews. Does anyone else know about the other schools? I mainly ask because I'm debating whether I should even apply to the schools that require in-person interviews, as I will be out of the country next winter/spring and wouldn't be able to fly back without the school actually subsidizing my travel.

Thanks in advance for any useful info!

EDIT: Probably easier to organize by school and update as we get info.

Harvard: Video interview
Yale: No interview
Stanford: No interview
Columbia: Video interview
Chicago: Video interview
Penn: ?? (their website says their admissions committee occasionally asks to interview candidates, but it seems uncommon)
NYU: No interview
Berkeley: No interview
Michigan: No interview
Virginia: Interview (phone? video? in-person?)
Northwestern: In-person interview
Georgetown: In-person group interview
Duke: ??
Cornell: ??

Comments

• Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma

Yale: No
    Michigan, VA, Duke: yes (at least I did)
    Cornell: Technically yes, but it's an online interview where you give them a combo of recorded video responses and short written essays. This was rather annoying since if the internet crapped out, you'd have to start the whole thing again.

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

Georgetown is T-15 now:) I think it doesn't have interview.

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

I did not have one from Michigan and got in. Had one from UVA though - all admitted students have to have an interview. Of course, plenty of people who are not admitted get interviewed, as well.

• PositivePositive Alum Member
    edited July 2017 426 karma

As far as Gtown is concerned, the dean showed interviewee some random applicants' applications(resume/essay) and asked if you would accept/reject based on the info.; then asked the reasoning for the decision.

If you gogole TLS with interview keywords, you can probably find more real interview questions from T14 applicants past cycles.

Hope that helps.

• ppcoelho1ppcoelho1 Alum Member
    156 karma

@"Accounts Playable" what kind of questions did they ask??

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Northwestern interviews but you have an option between in-person on-campus, in-person in a different area, or you can also do a video interview. Fyi. I believe the deadline has passed to request an in-person interview in your own area though. But video interviews are always accepted.