Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7sage's LR and RC compared to other prep courses

lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
edited July 2017 in General 267 karma

Hi 7Sagers, I previously prepared using Manhattan's prep course, then found 7sage, watched all the LG videos which were very helpful and stood out from other prep courses. Now wondering how much 7sage's lessons on LR and RC differ from Manhattan, will I learn anything new or different/helpful in terms of breaking down the arguments and zeroing in on answer choices? Manhattan had a pretty solid system. if anyone has used manhattan and can offer their feedback I'd especially appreciate it. Also might not be able to purchase the ultimate package.. will something basic like the starter pack help me improve on LR and RC or is it only the ultimate package that provides comprehensive training on LR

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

The 7Sage Starter Pack includes the entire 7Sage Core Curriculum which I think makes it the best value in the entire LSAT Prep industry. Obviously you'll be getting a biased sample of opinions here, lol, but it's just the truth. You won't get any bells and whistles or as much study material (All the content is copyrighted, so we have to pay LSAC to use it which is the only reason we charge anything in the first place.), but you'll get all of the teachings and will just need to obtain the bulk of the materials elsewhere. The 10 Actual Series is a great alternative and you can get them on Amazon for pretty cheap.

As far as content, I did not use Manhattan, so I can't speak to that specifically. I suspect though that the difference is fairly drastic. Before 7Sage, I used Powerscore which was really different.

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

Very helpful feedback, thank you I appreciate it!

267 karma

I used Powerscore too, before Manhattan! I really struggled to make progress with it. Did you see score improvements on LR with 7sage?

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Hey, @"lsat 1101" i prepped with PS on my first round and also struggled. With 7sage i can honestly say that it has given me the skills to master every question type. When i sit down for a PT i know that if i encounter a question, say a flaw question, that i have thr proper knowledge to tackle it quickly and efficiently. This i owe to 7sage.
    Happy studying!!

267 karma

nathanieljschwartz, that really makes me happy to hear. thanks so much for your feedback, very helpful to me

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

7Sage and MLSAT both use logic quite heavily. The main advantage with 7Sage is that JY, who is the instructor, is simply better at explaining how to approach the many different LR questions. Hearing how an actual person who has mastered this test approaches each different question type offers much more than you'll ever get out of those Manhattan books. And I'm actually a fan of MLSAT too, so that says a lot.

The biggest advantage/difference between 7sage is that the course is on video. To watch JY go through the questions is amazing. I feel like at the end of the day a book just can't make you understand things as clearly as watching the video lessons. I think it was @"Cant Get Right" who once very accurately stated that when it comes to 7Sage vs. Powerscore or Manhattan, it really comes down to studying with books vs. studying with a computer. The computer is just a more advanced tool for learning when it comes to this test.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

@"lsat 1101" said:
    I used Powerscore too, before Manhattan! I really struggled to make progress with it. Did you see score improvements on LR with 7sage?

Yep. I went from the -5 range to -1 with 7Sage.