Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! Losing Motivation!

dfletch5dfletch5 Alum Member
in General 260 karma

Hello everyone,

I feel as if I've hit a low point in my prep.

I am scheduled to review question types: MC, MSS, Causation-Phenomenon-Hypothesis, MBT and the 9 Valid Arg Forms, and Mastering the Memory Method for RC with Daniel' approach @danielznelson.

I started looking at LG to get a sense of the moving pieces on the board in sequencing, but I am getting a bit disenchanted that I can't upgrade to Ultimate+ so that I can have access to all the games in one place. It really sucks, actually, since I'm beginning to understand the strategies.

I think I fell to an all-time low on Saturday night when I realized that though I was able to finance a new car for work, and while I'm happy to have it, all I could think about was how it sucks that I still can't upgrade to Ultimate+ and what will the car loan mean for law school financial aid in 2018-2019?

I missed my Friday session because I was at the dealership, and today I'm out of it. Am I overthinking this ???

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@dfletch5 said:
    Hello everyone,

I feel as if I've hit a low point in my prep.

I am scheduled to review question types: MC, MSS, Causation-Phenomenon-Hypothesis, MBT and the 9 Valid Arg Forms, and Mastering the Memory Method for RC with Daniel' approach @danielznelson.

I started looking at LG to get a sense of the moving pieces on the board in sequencing, but I am getting a bit disenchanted that I can't upgrade to Ultimate+ so that I can have access to all the games in one place. It really sucks, actually, since I'm beginning to understand the strategies.

I think I fell to an all-time low on Saturday night when I realized that though I was able to finance a new car for work, and while I'm happy to have it, all I could think about was how it sucks that I still can't upgrade to Ultimate+ and what will the car loan mean for law school financial aid in 2018-2019?

I missed my Friday session because I was at the dealership, and today I'm out of it. Am I overthinking this ???

'Grats on the new car!

Yeah... I think you're overthinking it a bit, or at the very least are seeing the ultimate + as some silver bullet. Having Ult + is neither necessary nor sufficient for scoring well on this test. While I do think it is an absolutely amazing package, you can always upgrade in the future and just focus on the CC for now and the most important fundamentals of this test.

Not exactly sure what your car loan will mean for financial aid, but so long as it's not an insane car payment, I bet you'll be able to figure it out fairly easy. It might mean having to live a bit more frugally, but having a nice, new car is worth it.

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

I've been hitting a lot of highs and lows in my prep. I've purchased separate lsat prep materials only to do worse on the section I bought the prep book for. Just stick with it and don't get discouraged you will get there.

keep working on your prep. I upgraded to the ultimate + and quite honestly its nice but I could certainly have done without.

• dfletch5dfletch5 Alum Member
    260 karma

Yeah... I think you're overthinking it a bit, or at the very least are seeing the ultimate + as some silver bullet. Having Ult + is neither necessary nor sufficient for scoring well on this test. While I do think it is an absolutely amazing package, you can always upgrade in the future and just focus on the CC for now and the most important fundamentals of this test.

Not exactly sure what your car loan will mean for financial aid, but so long as it's not an insane car payment, I bet you'll be able to figure it out fairly easy. It might mean having to live a bit more frugally, but having a nice, new car is worth it.

@"Alex Divine" Thank you for your advice. It really helps. I'll definitely work on being more patient with the CC and being frugal as needed while being grateful for my new car -:)

edited August 2017 260 karma

@"Connie Lingus" said:
    Just stick with it and don't get discouraged you will get there.
    keep working on your prep. I upgraded to the ultimate + and quite honestly its nice but I could certainly have done without.

@"Connie Lingus" Thanks Connie! Good to know the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side. I'll just work on staying focused for now. Really appreciate your advice -:)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

@dfletch5 said:

@"Alex Divine" Thank you for your advice. It really helps. I'll definitely work on being more patient with the CC and being frugal as needed while being grateful for my new car -:)

That's the attitude! It will all work out my man... Just focus on mastering everything in the CC and I promise you all the extra bell and whistles of the ultimate + can wait for now. The great thing about 7Sage is that although there are a variety of packages, The main core curriculum itself will remain the same. When I began, I only had the Starter course for a bit and eventually got Ult + many months later.

Good luck :)

edited August 2017 260 karma

@"Alex Divine" Thanks a million!