Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Typing the Essay

iceman322iceman322 Alum Member
in General 70 karma

I have been approved to type the essay (without any extra time). Does anyone know how this will impact my testing experience? Will I be in a room alone? With others who have accommodations? Will I still get the experimental section?

Also, I know LSAC doesn't report to law schools whether or not one has accommodations. However, I think it will be pretty obvious that I do given that my essay will be typed. I know it shouldn't, but do you think this could influence the admissions committees' decisions in any way?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Very few schools, if any, read or care about the essay. As long as you don't totally phone it in, it won't matter. Just do your best to write a decent essay and don't worry about it.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Interesting scenario. While LSAC no longer flags test scores, in your case the essay gives it up. I don't have anything useful to add to this discussion, I think this is a question for the pros.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@iceman322 said:
    I have been approved to type the essay (without any extra time). Does anyone know how this will impact my testing experience? Will I be in a room alone? With others who have accommodations? Will I still get the experimental section?

Also, I know LSAC doesn't report to law schools whether or not one has accommodations. However, I think it will be pretty obvious that I do given that my essay will be typed. I know it shouldn't, but do you think this could influence the admissions committees' decisions in any way?

Like CantGetRight said, most schools really don't care about the LSAT essay. Also, at the end of the day, your score will be what counts. So if your essay is typed they'll know, but I doubt it will have any serious effect on your applications.