Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New trend I'm noticing in Lr

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage

For some reason, regardless of the rest of the test, my first LR section is always worse than my last.

The past 3 tests have been

LR (sec 1) -5 LR (sec 3) -2
LR (sec 2) -4 LR (sec 4) -1
LR (sec 1) -6 LR (sec 3) -2

The difficulty of each section doesn't seem to matter. LG and RC stay fairly consistent.

What could this be? Fluke?

Comments

• alexandra.marlenealexandra.marlene Alum Member
    102 karma

This has happened on both of the PT's I have taken so far, scoring almost twice as bad in the first than in the second section consistently.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Can be that you need to warm up with LR before doing a PT. Can also be that the PTs you've noticed this pattern on have harder questions for the first LR?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@TheMikey said:
    Can be that you need to warm up with LR before doing a PT. Can also be that the PTs you've noticed this pattern on have harder questions for the first LR?

According to 7sage the difficulty doesn't matter. I've gone -2 on the hardest and -5 on the easiest lol

It's gotta be a warm up thing or something

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

I have heard several others mention this. Like Mikey said, you might need to do a little warm-up pre-PT to get those synapses firin'.

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

It's SUPER common! It happens to me relatively often and a good friend of mine consistently. Something about the cogs in your brain greased and ready. Before you next PT, do 15-20 LR questions at random and then start your PT. See if that bumps it!

4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@TheMikey said:

According to 7sage the difficulty doesn't matter. I've gone -2 on the hardest and -5 on the easiest lol

It's gotta be a warm up thing or something

yeah, that used to be my problem. warming up with LR tends to help me (:

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Victoria14 said:
    It's SUPER common! It happens to me relatively often and a good friend of mine consistently. Something about the cogs in your brain greased and ready. Before you next PT, do 15-20 LR questions at random and then start your PT. See if that bumps it!

Agreed. I think I've seen tons of posts on here and other forums about this exact trend/phenomenon. I say try to do some more warm up before a PT.

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

It doesn't matter and it's not a trend. no need to care.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@"Alex Divine" @Freddy_D @Victoria14 @TheMikey

Thanks guys. I'll will try to work in a warm-up. What do you guys suggest works best? I've tried 1-2 problems in the past but didn't keep up with it consistently. Maybe I'll do like 10 LR, a game, and a RC passage?

@dennisgerrard it's happened on way more than 3 tests. I'm gunna try the warmup but thanks!

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@LSATcantwin It sounds like you are having mostly LR problems so I would stick to doing just LR problems to warm up right now.

4196 karma

I think it depends on the person honestly. For me, I usually just warm up with like 5 LR questions just to get my reading flow going so I don't read slow and re-read on the first few things I do. May be diff for you though, I know lots of people do like 1 passage, 1 game and like 5-10 LR questions

2983 karma

I do exactly that. I usually do 1 problem set from the CC (5 questions), an "easy" RC passage, and a "hard" game.

4196 karma

Or you can go extreme like someone I knew last year who did 1 full section of each as a warm up haha

2983 karma

@TheMikey said:
    Or you can go extreme like someone I knew last year who did 1 full section of each as a warm up haha

I'm crazy, but I'm not that crazy :scream: :scream:

4196 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@TheMikey said:

haha word.

to be fair, they were highly neurotic but did end up getting an amazing score so kudos to him! lol

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

i'm the opposite. i think it's just stamina in my case

• Felix MendezFelix Mendez Alum Member
    60 karma

Same thing with me. On my last pretest I got -10 wrong on 1st LR and then -3 on 2nd LR. Looked at difficulty and 7sage had both sections rated the same lol.

On the bright side its super helpful to notice this. If it indeed is a question of warming up, we can apply this lesson to test day and save a couple points because of it .

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheMikey said:

@Freddy_D said:

@TheMikey said:

haha word.

to be fair, they were highly neurotic but did end up getting an amazing score so kudos to him! lol

I feel like I know who you mean, hahah ;)

4196 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

@Freddy_D said:

@TheMikey said:

haha word.

hahahaha I bet you do xD

2983 karma

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

@Freddy_D said:

@TheMikey said:

haha word.

hahahaha I bet you do xD

TLS dude/dudette I presume. I frequent the site :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

@Freddy_D said:

@TheMikey said:

haha word.

hahahaha I bet you do xD

TLS dude/dudette I presume. I frequent the site :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Barack O'Drama says: YES!!! ;)

4196 karma

And I'm the OG Mikey :D

swag

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    @"Alex Divine" @Freddy_D @Victoria14 @TheMikey

Thanks guys. I'll will try to work in a warm-up. What do you guys suggest works best? I've tried 1-2 problems in the past but didn't keep up with it consistently. Maybe I'll do like 10 LR, a game, and a RC passage?

@dennisgerrard it's happened on way more than 3 tests. I'm gunna try the warmup but thanks!

Yeah, I think that's probably perfect. I make little packets the night before I do a PT of a little warm up. Usually all questions I've seen before. So like 10-15 LR questions, a game or two, and an old RC passage. It's not about how you do on them, but more so just getting the mental juices flowing.

2983 karma

I'm UsayinBoalt on there. Represent!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:

:) Oh shoot! I've seen you in the NBA chatter room I think!?

4196 karma

@Freddy_D said:

I've def seen you around :P

2983 karma

Yup, I used to be in the NBA and the Trump thread a bunch. Now I just peruse the URM and LSAT fora. 7sage has supplanted TLS for me.