Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a general question about how you guys feel about the test

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
edited August 2017 in Logical Reasoning 13286 karma

First of all, sorry I post so much, we are very slow at work during this time of the year. I spend all my time studying, on this form and on Reddit.

Secondly I would like to know, for you personally, do you find arguments easier to strengthen and build up/support or easier to weaken/destroy/rip-apart.

Then depending on your preference, which kind of question type do you prefer?

Is it easier to weaken or strengthen an argument?
  1. Is it easier to weaken or strengthen an argument?66 votes
    1. Weaken
      59.09%
    2. Strengthen
      40.91%

Comments

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    edited August 2017 2983 karma

I do relatively well on all of the question types, BUT I like RRE, Method, and AP questions the most. It's a shame that they are rare :cry:

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I find both to be kind of the same in difficulty but prefer weaken

• Maddie D.Maddie D. Alum Member
    325 karma

I find it easier to weaken an argument, even though you're really using the same mechanism as far as pinpointing assumptions for both types. Not sure why I have an easier time with one. :sweat_smile: It's a pretty marginal difference in difficulty, but just enough to make me prefer weakening questions.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I find it easier to weaken I think it's the cynical side of me lol. I immediately want to poke holes in someone's argument. Probably one of my biggest faults but will help me on the test ha!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I think I'm pretty much equal as far as which I like better now. Though when I first started I definitely found arguments easier to strengthen and preferred strengthen questions to weaken questions.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma
  • seharris14seharris14 Alum Member
    100 karma

I'm super late on this...but I'd like to post anyway. I prefer Main Point questions because they feel like the easiest to me, and MBT questions because I like using conditional logic. I also enjoy flaw/des weakening questions where the argument makes a personal attack because I find them kind of entertaining. "Some chemists believe X but they're wrong because chemists know nothing unlike us cool physicists" kind of arguments lol

• amedley88amedley88 Alum Member
    378 karma

The curve breaker questions for both are difficult when the answer choice is acting like a shield for an argument that slightly strengthens or weakens. For cookie-cutter, I'd say weaken are easier. Your task is better laid out for you.