Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Canadian law schools require a resume?

jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member

Hey guys,

I was just going through the admissions package on 7sage and came across the resume portion. I am applying to Canadian law schools and was wondering if the applications require a resume? I did create one but not sure if I even need one.

I didn't see anything about a resume on any of the law schools admission requirements or maybe I just missed it entirely. I know 7sage discusses that American law schools do require one..

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:
    Hey guys,

I was just going through the admissions package on 7sage and came across the resume portion. I am applying to Canadian law schools and was wondering if the applications require a resume? I did create one but not sure if I even need one.

I didn't see anything about a resume on any of the law schools admission requirements or maybe I just missed it entirely. I know 7sage discusses that American law schools do require one..

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I'm fairly certain that many of them do. Definitely check each individual school for specifics. I was able to find some info by just googling it.

Source: Lots of wonderful Canadian friends I've met on here! :)

http://www.oxfordseminars.ca/LSAT/lsat_profiles.php

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    edited August 2017 1084 karma

I'm Canadian too and have found it depends on the school. At University of Calgary, for example, you fill out their online application and they give you slots to input past work experience, volunteer etc. So it's not a traditional resume, but asks you for resume content. Main thing is to do the research on each particular school you apply to as they may have different ways they get information. For example, UofC just instituted a new policy where LORs have to be sent to the school directly by electronic form etc. All the info should be on their websites. I'd read it carefully