Non-disclosed tests (sabbath observers)

emily.grant491emily.grant491 Free Trial Member
in General 8 karma

Has anyone taken a non-disclosed test? I am realizing that when I take it on Monday, it'll be a different test. Does anyone have any experience with these tests? Are they notoriously harder?

Comments

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Hey, so i took the dec 16 sabbath observer test, and i got an experimental game section that was straight out of hell, i assume ot was experimental bc i bombed it and i still got a good score.
    The other sections were pretty standard

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I haven't taken one, but generally speaking, it won't be any harder/easier than the disclosed tests are -- so no need to worry abut that.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

From what I understand, they often re-use other undisclosed tests, like February LSATs from previous years. for the Sabbath observer test.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I hadn't realized the tests were any different; I just thought that your test wasn't disclosed .. hmmmmm good to know.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited August 2017 4428 karma

I took the February non-disclosed test. They are not any different except that you never know how you did on each section or what questions you missed which can be a little frustrating.

Edit: I'm not saying they are literally the same exact questions as the disclosed test, just that they are LSATs just like all the disclosed ones in difficulty and question type.

3679 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:
    I took the February non-disclosed test. They are not any different except that you never know how you did on each section or what questions you missed which can be a little frustrating.

Edit: I'm not saying they are literally the same exact questions as the disclosed test, just that they are LSATs just like all the disclosed ones in difficulty and question type.

That's the impression I got when I read about the test - not that it was different but that you don't get the results on each section.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@tringo335 Everyone is saying the same thing. The Sabbath observer test is different (read: will have different questions) than the one that is administered on the preceding Saturday, but is not qualitatively different than that test. Indeed, the Sabbath observer test will most probably not be a virgin test, but one that was previously administered in other undisclosed test situations. The same goes for the Asian LSAT, and any other undisclosed test.

3679 karma

@uhinberg said:
    @tringo335 Everyone is saying the same thing. The Sabbath observer test is different (read: will have different questions) than the one that is administered on the preceding Saturday, but is not qualitatively different than that test. Indeed, the Sabbath observer test will most probably not be a virgin test, but one that was previously administered in other undisclosed test situations. The same goes for the Asian LSAT, and any other undisclosed test.

I understand that. I'm saying I didn't know it was different at all from the disclosed tests.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I know plenty of people who took a test for sabbath observers. It is a different test than those who take it on the Saturday before. No they are not notoriously harder just because they are non-disclosed for sabbath observers. They are the same as any other test that has been given and can or cannot be more difficult than the disclosed one given.