Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting back on track

Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
in General 776 karma

So, I fell off the band wagon.

I had a hell of a day Tuesday and virtually didn't even touch my lsat material. Wednesday was a lot of aftermath and while I got a little done, it was only half of what I truly NEEDED to do. Anyone have some motivational advice for when you fall of the bandwagon? I'm taking a timed PT on Sunday to see if i'm going to take the September exam or the December and I can't afford to not be on track.

Help my LSAT gurus

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4800306/what-do-we-do-when-we-fall-off-the-horse-o.gif

Best advice I can give is to just throw yourself back into it. I had a similar issue in July, a work conference took me out of the game completely. When I came back I felt like I lost momentum. The only way to gain it back is to just get right back at it. The momentum will come back, you just need to give it a bit of a kick in the ass.

• JDtobeeeeJDtobeeee Alum Member
    175 karma

Sometimes I find a small break actually helps. Your mind feels more refreshed and you may even find yourself scoring higher! Get back into it with some drills!

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

As Mark Cuban says on Shark Tank: GRIND!

Also the September LSAT is still a month away. You have some time to relax.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

@Victoria14 This may seem truncated and overly simplistic, but I can promise from the bottom of my heart that I feel you, girl. When you feel like you've fallen off the bandwagon, just do something. Even if the first day you attempt to get back on you can only do a small fraction of what you are used to. The next day you can always do a little more and before you know it you'll be back to the old routine.

I've fallen off the LSAT bandwagon, as it were, more times than I care to admit. Through it all I can honestly say that just doing a little bit always helped me find my way back.

I've read about some of your amazing improvements on here and have no doubt you are going to ultimately persevere through this!

Good luck!

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@LSATcantwin @JDtobeeee @"Paul Caint" and @"Alex Divine" you guys are some of my favorite people in the world.

I have remained off the bandwagon for most of today but i'm trying to get at least a LITTLE bit done so I feel better about myself. Granted, I've discovered studying at hospitals is mildly productive lol.

Thank you for being an amazing person and trying to encourage some girl over the interwebs.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@Victoria14 said:
    @LSATcantwin @JDtobeeee @"Paul Caint" and @"Alex Divine" you guys are some of my favorite people in the world.

I have remained off the bandwagon for most of today but i'm trying to get at least a LITTLE bit done so I feel better about myself. Granted, I've discovered studying at hospitals is mildly productive lol.

Thank you for being an amazing person and trying to encourage some girl over the interwebs.

Work with some of the patients there. So sir "If you survive this toe surgery, then you will be able to walk normally."

STS -> WN this is what your conditional statement looks like...

Maybe don't do that...

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@Victoria14 said:

Work with some of the patients there. So sir "If you survive this toe surgery, then you will be able to walk normally."

STS -> WN this is what your conditional statement looks like...

Maybe don't do that...

I'm snickering in the ER - I'm officially that person. #LSATsideeffects

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

I feel you hard core at the moment. I had a cavity fill go wrong on Monday. I ended up taking my PT right after while I was still numb (thank god) but felt horrible the entire time. Turns out when they injected the Novocain, they hit my artery (cool) and I've had a horrible reaction to it ever since. It pained me to leave work on Tuesday, but I was so messed up. When I got home, I knew that I had to choose between studying, albeit likely ineffectively, and resting (I felt like a potato sack and it was really difficult to force myself to not do anything). What helped me was knowing that truly resting would positively impact me in the long run. I'm not sure if this applies to you, but just know the sooner you are feeling better, the faster you are back on track. This might mean just reading some LSAT material, rather than drilling or something. You could also always watch the webinars too! Those can take a good chunk of time :)

• nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
    458 karma

I feel you on this. I was out of the country for a week where I did no LSAT studying and haven't really recovered. My new job also does not allow me to study as much as I used to with my old job and I have been struggling to keep up. I am going to go through a tune up week where I just go over all the foundations and drill before I hop back into taking PTs. I am aiming for December so I believe taking a week to tune up instead of jumping back in PTs will do me good.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Yeah i went hard core for 4 months at 40 hr study weeks and was prompted, by worried family members, to take a week off. ERROR, i have been completely fuzzy since i got back. A week later and i am still nowhere near were i was. Gonna take a week to do drills and fundemantals