Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help please! Approach for odd/hard LG?

olennkkaolennkka Alum Member
edited December 2014 in December 2014 LSAT 48 karma
Hey guys! I'm dreading that one oddball LG and am terrified that under pressure I'll freeze up and not even know how to start diagramming. I was wondering if anyone has a strategy or some pointers for what to do when you realize that the scenario doesn't fit into any of our standard set ups?

Comments

• cristiemunozcristiemunoz Alum Member
    16 karma
    honestly I've encountered this and I start with the grab a rule question. It helps me to understand the game. If you have no idea of how to diagram (again this is WORST CASE SCENARIO), just brute force your way through the questions. They force you to diagram and find the inferences that you would have found diagramming anyway. It just may take more time.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I'm not convinced there will be an oddball question, as not every exam had one (73 did not), but I would agree with @cristiemunoz! Try your best to understand and diagram it. Just break down the stimulus as best that you can and understand it piece by piece.
  • olennkkaolennkka Alum Member
    48 karma
    Thanks @cristiemunoz and @harrismegan. I'm not sure what you mean by the 'grab a rule' question. Does this mean a question that gives us extra information?
  • synergy_101synergy_101 Alum Member
    edited December 2014 180 karma
    ^ think he's referring to the first question where you use the different rules from your stimulus to eliminate to get the right answer. I.e. eliminate all that arn't A before B, then next rule to eliminate all that have L last etc.
  • olennkkaolennkka Alum Member
    48 karma
    Ah yes, thanks @synergy_101!