Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SF Bay Area Resources?

airborne1airborne1 Member
in General 25 karma

I was wondering if anyone has heard of Nathan Fox's tutoring? I've heard mixed reviews about the on-site classes. I'm currently debating between signing up for the on-site classes with him and signing up for Ultimate+ with 7Sage. I do work full-time so I'm not sure how much I trust myself to go with online classes-- if I go with Fox I know that I'll have to at least sit there on the weekends. Any Bay area folks have any more insight on this? Any resources you all have used or are using? (Are there any study groups currently for folks in SF?)

Appreciate any input! :)

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@airborne1 said:
    I was wondering if anyone has heard of Nathan Fox's tutoring? I've heard mixed reviews about the on-site classes. I'm currently debating between signing up for the on-site classes with him and signing up for Ultimate+ with 7Sage. I do work full-time so I'm not sure how much I trust myself to go with online classes-- if I go with Fox I know that I'll have to at least sit there on the weekends. Any Bay area folks have any more insight on this? Any resources you all have used or are using? (Are there any study groups currently for folks in SF?)

Appreciate any input! :)

I've also heard mixed review on Nathan Fox. Seems like in the past few years he's been less popular, though I'm not sure why.

For me, 7Sage has been all I need to improve. It's great for those who work because I have everything I need to study right on the computer.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I looked into him as well, but it was really expensive so I opted out. Most of my improvement on the test has come from 7Sage. His tutoring is like 300 an hour or something. And his classes seem really pricy too.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

I would prescribe 7sage. The value is unparalleled, and the LSAT is not an-hour-a week test, it requires serious devotion and a solid grasp of fundemantals, which may entail you having to revisit lessons multiple times and such. Having access to the Core Curriculum will allow this freedom and flexibility.
    Plus getting all the PTs, and explanations... i mean come on!!

I think once you have mastered the basics, you can look into a tutor if need be.

• airborne1airborne1 Member
    25 karma

Thank you all!

• rugangelrugangel Alum Member
    edited August 2017 56 karma

I am studying near Berkeley, I have found doing test masters proctored exams on campus has really helped!

• airborne1airborne1 Member
    25 karma

@rugangel-- are those test masters proctored exams free?