Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it only me? procrastination

Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member

I find myself spending hours researching schools and looking at their median LSATs and class profiles, creating 100 scenarios in my head of how likely i'll be admitted if I improve by x point. and of course I watch every video posted on every school's YouTube channel. I know it's unproductive and I'm just procrastinating studying. :( anyone else does this?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Hannah56 said:
    I find myself spending hours researching schools and looking at their median LSATs and class profiles, creating 100 scenarios in my head of how likely i'll be admitted if I improve by x point. and of course I watch every video posted on every school's YouTube channel. I know it's unproductive and I'm just procrastinating studying. :( anyone else does this?

Hahaha! If I got paid hourly for all the time I spend on MYlsn.info imagining different scores and scenarios, well, I'd probably be able to afford to quit my job, lol.

I've tried to stop doing it to myself though because I realIzed, like you, that it's indeed a way to procrastinate... no harm in using it to self motivate to get that awesome score you need to gain admission to your dream school :)

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

It's good to research schools. But remember to put time aside for studying as well. If you plan on studying and decide to research instead, then yeah, that's procrastination. But it's good to research because hopefully seeing how great a school is will give you motivation to want to kick ass on this test, thus to want to study lol.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

I research schools ALL THE TIME! Harvard is giving me the feels at the moment. The only thing that is standing in the way is the dreaded LSAT. In a way, the research is motivating me to study :sweat_smile:

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:
    I research schools ALL THE TIME! Harvard is giving me the feels at the moment. The only thing that is standing in the way is the dreaded LSAT. In a way, the research is motivating me to study :sweat_smile:

The Harvard feels.... Oh I feel it too.... I just plug in my GPA on mylsn and just see what score will give me a good shot and prep & pray! I hope to see you there Freddy :) They have a great BLSA which is why I kind of prefer it over Y & S. That and the fact my softs, while good, give me a very small chance at Y, haha. I guess I'll settle for H .... The feeling are so strong right now....

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

I hate you all. I clicked on this to see what it was about and i've lost an hour on mylsn

edited August 2017 2983 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Freddy_D said:

The Harvard feels.... Oh I feel it too.... I just plug in my GPA on mylsn and just see what score will give me a good shot and prep & pray! I hope to see you there Freddy :) They have a great BLSA which is why I kind of prefer it over Y & S. That and the fact my softs, while good, give me a very small chance at Y, haha. I guess I'll settle for H .... The feeling are so strong right now....

Yeah, the BLSA at Harvard looks great. I stalk their ig page on the regular :sweat_smile: . Stanford's is mehhhhhhhhh.

"PREP & PRAY" is the new slogan, brother.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Freddy_D said:

Yeah, the BLSA at Harvard looks great. I stalk their ig page on the regular :sweat_smile: . Stanford's is mehhhhhhhhh.

"PREP & PRAY" is the new slogan, brother.

You know I follow Harvard BLSA on Insta! ;) If only H was in Cali ...

Prep & Pray merch coming soon!

4196 karma

I'd die if I got into Harvard

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheMikey said:

In that case, I hope you only get into Yale and all of the other T13 schools. I love you too much to have you die on me :joy:

4196 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

In that case, I hope you only get into Yale and all of the other T13 schools. I love you too much to have you die on me :joy:

I'd die but come back to life to attend Harvard and tell stuck up Yale to suck it

2983 karma

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

I'd die but come back to life to attend Harvard and tell stuck up Yale to suck it

In that case, I'll see you fellas at Harvard. It's our destiny...

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

In that case, I'll see you fellas at Harvard. It's our destiny...

Ditto on the Harvard feels gentlemen. Went and visited over the summer and oh man was it alluring. Prep and pray all day.

• Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member
    224 karma

Hahaa! I knew I wasn't the only one. For me it's Northwestern. I'm in love and I don't know why. My only worry is the weather in Chicago. I've never been there but ppl say it's unbearable

2983 karma

Lol. I feel the same way about the weather thing. I'm from SoCal and haven't worn a jacket or sweater in like three or four years. Anything below 63 degrees is a crisis. I'm willing to risk it all for Harvard though :love: :heart:

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Hannah56 said:
    Hahaa! I knew I wasn't the only one. For me it's Northwestern. I'm in love and I don't know why. My only worry is the weather in Chicago. I've never been there but ppl say it's unbearable

Ahh Chi isn't that bad! I've spent time there both summer and winter, and it's pretty similar to New York. I guess it's a bit windier, but it isn't anything too crazy. Northwestern is such a beautiful campus, by the way. I've never visited inside, but I've driven past it and it looks mythical ... It's like magic is happening in there. The street(s)/area surround it is also pretty amazing. I hope you get in and are able to live your dream :)

• Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member
    edited August 2017 224 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I've never visited inside, but I've driven past it and it looks mythical ... It's like magic is happening in there. The street(s)/area surround it is also pretty amazing. I hope you get in and are able to live your dream :)

Thank you! warms my heart to read that. I hope you and @Freddy_D become classmates at Harvard next year :D . best of luck!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Omg yes I totally feel you sometimes it's way more fun looking at schools then studying. I currently have a serious boner for Stanford Berkeley and NYU

3679 karma

@Freddy_D is Harvard known for having cut throat students who rip pages out of library books to keep themselves at an advantage or is that just a myth?

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

Ugh yes I am doing this right now!!!! And I'm signed up to take the September LSAT. fuck meeee is all I have to say.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

@Hannah56 said:

Chicago is beautiful! The weather is not that bad imo.

2983 karma

@tringo335 said:
    @Freddy_D is Harvard known for having cut throat students who rip pages out of library books to keep themselves at an advantage or is that just a myth?

lol, I just read a book that described something like this happening at some law schools. I'm not sure if it happens at Harv.

I'm with you on Stanford, too. Palo Alto is the perfect place for Freddy_D :love:

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

@tringo335 said:

I think that's a myth from a bygone era. That type of stuff doesn't really happen anymore.

Thank god!

2983 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@tringo335 said:

I think that's a myth from a bygone era. That type of stuff doesn't really happen anymore.

Thank god!

Let's hope not. The pre-med kids used to do stuff like that at my school. Those curved classes change people SMH.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@tringo335 said:

Thank god!

Let's hope not. The pre-med kids used to do stuff like that at my school. Those curved classes change people SMH.

Stolen laptops happen every once in a while. Other than that, most everyone knows they're going to be fine. The new grading systems places like HYS have put into place helped to quell the proclivity of the crazy students who would do something like that.

3679 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Freddy_D said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@tringo335 said:

Thank god!

Stolen laptops happen every once in a while. Other than that, most everyone knows they're going to be fine. The new grading systems places like HYS have put into place helped to quell the proclivity of the crazy students who would do something like that.

That's great. I have actually been shying away from Harvard because I've heard things of that nature. I will definitely look at them more now! I definitely want to be in more of an intellectual environment but also want to be in a collaborative space where people are down to earth and open to building relationships. It's really hard to figure that out just from websites hopefully I'll get a feel on site visits.

3679 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@tringo335 said:

lol, I just read a book that described something like this happening at some law schools. I'm not sure if it happens at Harv.

I'm with you on Stanford, too. Palo Alto is the perfect place for Freddy_D :love:

I'd LOVE to move back to Cali. Miss it damn near every day.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@Hannah56 I saw something on procrastinating yesterday while procrastinating. LOL! He said something like, you're not procrastinating it's just that whatever you're to be doing, LSAT, doesn't really interest you. Makes sense. Of course you wouldn't be focused on doing something that you don't truly want to be doing. We're all interested in law school and becoming attorneys but that certainly doesn't mean we want to be studying this stuff! I try to break my studies up with LG because I actually like them. I still find myself straying though. At least looking up the schools is still in the LSAT realm!

2983 karma

@tringo335 said:

@Freddy_D said:

@tringo335 said:

Cali is all I've ever known, but I wouldn't mind staying, ESPECIALLY, if Stanford shows a brotha some love.

4196 karma

I want to visit L.A.

I've been in NYC my whole life and love it here, but L.A is a big city (population-wise and places) and doesn't have the NYC non-open (if that makes sense?? lol) feel and I want to experience it.

2983 karma

@TheMikey said:
    I want to visit L.A.

I've been in NYC my whole life and love it here, but L.A is a big city (population-wise and places) and doesn't have the NYC non-open (if that makes sense?? lol) feel and I want to experience it.

We can trade places if you want. I've never been to NYC/the east coast, and wouldn't mind visiting and eating pizza all day.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@TheMikey said:
    I want to visit L.A.

We can trade places if you want. I've never been to NYC/the east coast, and wouldn't mind visiting and eating pizza all day.

I'll trade places with you any day @Freddy_D I think after a while I would miss NYC/east coast area though

4196 karma

I'd trade places for a summer, but I'd def miss NYC lol

2983 karma

@TheMikey @"Alex Divine"

I'm gonna have to see what all the fuss is about. I've only seen it in movies, tv, and the vlogs from that dude, Casey Neistat :sweat_smile:

4196 karma

@Freddy_D said:
    @TheMikey @"Alex Divine"

I'm gonna have to see what all the fuss is about. I've only seen it in movies, tv, and the vlogs from that dude, Casey Neistat :sweat_smile:

haha NYC pizza is dabes

2983 karma

@TheMikey said:

@Freddy_D said:
    @TheMikey @"Alex Divine"

haha NYC pizza is dabes

Pizza is life :heart:

3679 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@tringo335 said:

@Freddy_D said:

@tringo335 said:

Cali is all I've ever known, but I wouldn't mind staying, ESPECIALLY, if Stanford shows a brotha some love.

Stanford seemed to have a pretty good BLSA... is that a hoax? Lol

2983 karma

@tringo335 said:

@Freddy_D said:

@tringo335 said:

@Freddy_D said:

@tringo335 said:

It's definitely smaller than Harvs, but they seem like a tight-knit group. I plan on sliding into some of the members' DMs on IG so I can get a little more info.

3679 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@tringo335 said:

@Freddy_D said:

@tringo335 said:

@Freddy_D said:

@tringo335 said:

It's definitely smaller than Harvs, but they seem like a tight-knit group. I plan on sliding into some of the members' DMs on IG so I can get a little more info.

Cool let me know if you find anything of interest.

2983 karma

@tringo335 said:

@Freddy_D said:

@tringo335 said:

@Freddy_D said:

@tringo335 said:

@Freddy_D said:

@tringo335 said:

Cool let me know if you find anything of interest.

Will do!