Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prep Test C

sophie74sophie74 Free Trial Member
edited August 2017 in General 373 karma

Hi y'all,

Has anyone taken Super Prep PT C? I'm curious to hear what others think of the difficulty of this compared to others, specifically relevance to more recent ones.

I found it harder. The first time I haven't finished a puzzles section in ages. Anyone else have trouble, or just me?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@sophie74 said:
    Hi y'all,

Has anyone taken Super Prep PT B? I'm curious to hear what others think of the difficulty of this compared to others, specifically relevance to more recent ones.

I found it harder. The first time I haven't finished a puzzles section in ages. Anyone else have trouble, or just me?

Nope, not just you. I took it quite a long time ago but I specifically remember thinking the LR and RC was easier than usual and LG was a beast. I think I more or less felt that way about PTs A, B, and C.

• sophie74sophie74 Free Trial Member
    373 karma

@"Alex Divine" that certainly reassuring! Does that mean these exams are "outliers"? I just don't know how much weight to put on this one

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@sophie74 said:
    @"Alex Divine" that certainly reassuring! Does that mean these exams are "outliers"? I just don't know how much weight to put on this one

I can't remember my exact experience with A or C, but I know for a fact that PTB definitely felt like an outlier. It was one of the first full timed PTs I took and I ended up going -3 on RC, -4 on LR, and -8 on LG. This was also back when I first started prepping so it was extra odd my LR and RC scores were that low. Back then I was missing about -4/-5 PER LR section and going -5/-6 on RC.

That said, yeah, I wouldn't put too much weight on it. You can't ever really put too much weight on any one test.

373 karma

@"Alex Divine" Wellll, as it turns out, I meant to say prep test C this whole time...

The reason I'm so curious is that it's one of the few tests remaining I haven't taken at all-- and I'm hoping to take the Sept exam. I have almost no new material so I have been putting a lot of weight on the new stuff that I take. It sucks that on this I didn't finish the puzzles, which hasn't happened in a really long time. It definitely makes me wonder if I'm ready

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@sophie74 said:
    @"Alex Divine" Wellll, as it turns out, I meant to say prep test C this whole time...

The reason I'm so curious is that it's one of the few tests remaining I haven't taken at all-- and I'm hoping to take the Sept exam. I have almost no new material so I have been putting a lot of weight on the new stuff that I take. It sucks that on this I didn't finish the puzzles, which hasn't happened in a really long time. It definitely makes me wonder if I'm ready

Ooops! Looking back at my analytics for "C" it appears that I also found the games more challenging than usual. Again, don't let one test shake your confidence. It's just one data point and it alone can't really tell you much.

How is your LG score usually on the newer tests>?

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Pretest C is known as one of the harder LG sections of all time.

373 karma

How is your LG score usually on the newer tests>

It fluctuates between -0 to -4 I'd say

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8700 karma

PT C is in my estimation the single hardest LG section in LSAT history. If you can score a -0 on PT C in 34 minutes: you are ready for basically anything the LSAT can throw at you on LG.