Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test Day Prep Prior to the Test

nevadacity37nevadacity37 Free Trial Member
in General 163 karma

Hi Fellow 7Sagers,
I am wondering what other people do prior to the test, on test day - meaning, ritual, warm-up drills, things that they was successful or wish they would have done but didn't, etc. I have a routine, but I am always wanting to hear other people's approach. I have found that I miss an easy problem or two right at the beginning of a test, and I am trying to thwart that from happening due to not being in the LSAT mode. Secondly, if any of yall' are not "morning people" (like myself) - meaning I am slow to get my brain working at a high analytic level early in the morning - I am especially interested in what you have done to combat this (besides coffee! This caused me to get up to use the restroom during the 2nd section my first test, which I subsequently cancelled because of this!). I am taking the LSAT in Sept, so I figure this thread might be useful to others given the timing.

My routine: do a hard logic game, do 5 LR questions that I know to be difficult, and do one reading passage. It is about a 30 minute warm up prior to heading into the testing center.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I think the most important thing to do right before you take your test is to maintain your confidence. So I would suggest doing a few games you've already seen before and maybe 10 easier LR questions and/or an easy RC. Also don't bother grading any of the work you do right before the test. At that point, it doesn't matter.

All about keeping your confidence!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Day before: sacrifice a goat to the LSAT gods

no but seriously, the day before just chill out, you already practice a bunch and you should relax the day before.

The morning of: the 2 times I took the test, I didn't do anything that I knew to be hard questions. I did about 8 easy LR questions, 1 simple LG, and an RC passage I have done before. I didn't score it either because of confidence. Don't overdo it the morning of though, def just keep it very light

• nevadacity37nevadacity37 Free Trial Member
    163 karma

@TheMikey said:
    Day before: sacrifice a goat to the LSAT gods

no but seriously, the day before just chill out, you already practice a bunch and you should relax the day before.

The morning of: the 2 times I took the test, I didn't do anything that I knew to be hard questions. I did about 8 easy LR questions, 1 simple LG, and an RC passage I have done before. I didn't score it either because of confidence. Don't overdo it the morning of though, def just keep it very light

No scoring your practice questions the day of.... that is good advice. Thank you, sir.

• Felix MendezFelix Mendez Alum Member
    60 karma

I agree. I like to do a LG game or 2, and about 10 LR questions. Maybe read an article on Economist. Get the brained warmed up so during the exam its ready to go!

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

Alt Text

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

First off, there is some important things people haven't mentioned here. Such as getting a good nights rest. I openly admit to taking a nyquil the night before my test. I slept like a baby and hopped straight into a shower to wake me up. The next thing to address is food. I took my butt right down to IHOP with a friend also taking the exam. We had a bunch of food and caffeine to get our brains up and bodies up and running. Make sure you are wearing something comfortable and adjustable. My test room wasn't particularly warm or cold, but my friend's was frigid. I suggest bringing a jacket. Have everything you need in a bag that you can just grab and go. You will be making a bunch of choices that day - limit the ones you have to make before or after the exam. You will be mentally broken.

As for drills, I will probably do a few easy ones to knock the rust off in September.

• nevadacity37nevadacity37 Free Trial Member
    163 karma

Thank you everyone; I appreciate your insights :)