Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overseas LSAT

skrishnanskrishnan Alum Member
in General 209 karma

I will be in India in December and taking the LSAT there.
I have heard that the overseas tests are usually the past undisclosed tests. However, is the format the same ie, 2LR, 1LG and 1 RC and a writing sample?
Additionally are there any other unforeseen disadvantages to giving the test overseas apart from not being able to analyse your tests once you get your score?

I'd love to know if any fellow 7sager's have taken the test abroad and what the experience was like.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Hey, yeah i took my test in israel back in December, it has the same format as the standard test. Not being able to see the breakdown is really rough. You just receive an email with your score and percentile

• skrishnanskrishnan Alum Member
    209 karma

Hey,

thanks for this!
    I know, but I don't have any other option if i want to make it in this cycle.As for receiving the score, is it around the same time as North America? Just want to make sure since I'm ideally targeting the 2018 cycle

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Yeah i received my score on january 4th which is the predicted time

209 karma

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

same format but if you want to retake, it def would suck not being able to see what sections/questions you may need to improve on.

edited August 2017 209 karma

@TheMikey

It definitely does suck. But I'm out of options :(
    Lets hope this is the only one i ever have to take !
    Thanks!

• Disha MehtaDisha Mehta Member
    56 karma

@skrishnan said:
    I will be in India in December and taking the LSAT there.
    I have heard that the overseas tests are usually the past undisclosed tests. However, is the format the same ie, 2LR, 1LG and 1 RC and a writing sample?
    Additionally are there any other unforeseen disadvantages to giving the test overseas apart from not being able to analyse your tests once you get your score?

I'd love to know if any fellow 7sager's have taken the test abroad and what the experience was like.

Thanks in advance :)

Hey, do you know how the test centres are in India?

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

is there one special India LSAT?

Here's the link http://www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindia/

209 karma

@"Disha Mehta" Hi, I checked it online. I'll check it first thing when i get to India!
    @dennisgerrard Hi dennis, Thanks for this. But this is a separate test specifically for Indian Law schools!

• CocoZhangCocoZhang Alum Member
    476 karma

I took one in the US and one in Taiwan. Didn't feel much difference.

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

@skrishnan then you don't need worry :)

209 karma

@CocoZhang
    Thanks! That's such a relief :)