Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some advice

Leena300Leena300 Alum Member
edited August 2017 in General 85 karma

Hi guys so since we are almost 2 weeks away before the sept lsat, I need serious advice. I have seen major improvements these past two months, however, it's not where I would like to be and I feel like if i go into the sept test I feel, I will not do my best. I would like a score between 163-165, however, the highest I have scored is a 163 with an average range between 157-160 and I believe you should be practicing a couple point above. So what do you guys think? I know the obvious answer would be to move it, I was just hesitant, whether to rewrite it twice or if it's always better to do better the first time around as I am hoping to apply this cycle.

Comments

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Push it back.

• Leena300Leena300 Alum Member
    85 karma

yeah I know the obvious answer would be to move it, I was just hesitant, whether to rewrite it twice or if it's always better to do better the first time around as I am hoping to apply this cycle.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tringo335 said:
    Push it back.

I think this is always going to be the best advice for those who aren't consistently scoring at or above their score goal. I think if you take from now until December to keep on working on getting your score consistently above a 165, you can do it!

I also agree that having your average be 3-5 points higher than where you'd be happy scoring is the best bet. It means that even if you have an off day or run into something that gives you trouble, you'll still be likely to score in a range you're happy with.

Good luck!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

it's better to take it once and be done, of course. but if you end up taking and scoring lower than you want, there's always the option to retake and it isn't a big deal.

but personally, I'd say just try your best to take it once and be done because taking it multiple times really blows.

• apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    edited August 2017 696 karma

I'll be the voice of dissent and say go for it on September. There'd be too much pressure on one single take in December since December is really your last shot for the cycle. I don't understand what would be wrong in taking September and then improving your score in December. Why would you be considered any lesser to a school for improving a score? In fact if you're reasonably ready, I'd say September is very valuable because you can try your best and not have the pressure or consequences of it being all or nothing like it would be for December.