Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Like Mike

NathanMMolinaNathanMMolina Member
in General 20 karma

Are there many things more dangerous on this test than a Sufficient Assumption answer choice in a Necessary Assumption question? It's like trying to distinguish a blueberry from something that looks like a blueberry but is poisonous. Not to mention we've only got 30 seconds to do it and if we fail, the effects of the poison compound for years.

I feel like I've got to be like Michael Jordan on the clutch...17 seconds to go in a 62-61 game and sinking the jump shot with confidence, every time. Should I prepare before hand so I'm ready for the situation? Or should I not think about it so when the time comes I'm relaxed? You know what, I'll meditate on it. I'll practice my mindfulness for the performance after I tune my brain to distinguish the strength of arguments floating in the ether that aren't made in the conversation.

If anyone tells me this test won't prepare me for law school, I will likely question their sensibility. For (<-- premise indicator) this is a mental transition. Although (<--- conceding a point that probably doesn't matter) this isn't teaching me about torts, you bet I'm going to read those books quicker, with greater scrutiny, tact, and anticipation. And much later on when I'm helping my clients defend themselves, you bet I'm going to drive my opponents to the ground with their assumptions.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@NathanMMolina said:
    Are there many things more dangerous on this test than a Sufficient Assumption answer choice in a Necessary Assumption question? It's like trying to distinguish a blueberry from something that looks like a blueberry but is poisonous. Not to mention we've only got 30 seconds to do it and if we fail, the effects of the poison compound for years.

I feel like I've got to be like Michael Jordan on the clutch...17 seconds to go in a 62-61 game and sinking the jump shot with confidence, every time. Should I prepare before hand so I'm ready for the situation? Or should I not think about it so when the time comes I'm relaxed? You know what, I'll meditate on it. I'll practice my mindfulness for the performance after I tune my brain to distinguish the strength of arguments floating in the ether that aren't made in the conversation.

If anyone tells me this test won't prepare me for law school, I will likely question their sensibility. For (<-- premise indicator) this is a mental transition. Although (<--- conceding a point that probably doesn't matter) this isn't teaching me about torts, you bet I'm going to read those books quicker, with greater scrutiny, tact, and anticipation. And much later on when I'm helping my clients defend themselves, you bet I'm going to drive my opponents to the ground with their assumptions.

Love the MJ analogy, haha! Maybe the LSAT doesn't directly prepare one for law school but it certainly can train one to read more analytically, which is an important skill in many professions!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Haha! Love this! This is exactly why I love this test. It provides real practice for when you're doing the real thing. I can't wait to be a lawyer!