Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you put your watch on the desk like a clock, or does it need to be on your wrist?

CanadianCanadian Member
in General 62 karma

I'd rather be able to just glance over at it. Wondering if anyone knows the answer.

Comments

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

We actually were told to put our watches on our desk in June. Granted, none of us did it but you can.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Good question. Maybe it differs between test center.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2017 23929 karma

You're aloud to put it on the desk! Then again, everything is at the proctors' discretion.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

@Victoria14 said:
    We actually were told to put our watches on our desk in June. Granted, none of us did it but you can.

What? Crazy... I don't think it's reasonable to enforce this. I prefer mine on my wrist.

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    edited September 2017 1084 karma

Do you guys find there is enough room on the desk to have the watch laid out on it? That was my only concern. If the desks are small, then the added room taken up to fit the watch might be an extra nuisance?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    Do you guys find there is enough room on the desk to have the watch laid out on it? That was my only concern. If the desks are small, then the added room taken up to fit the watch might be an extra nuisance?

My desk at my test center was really roomy. You could have a lot in the desk and still have room. I think this is also dependent on the test center.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:

There are huge variations in desk space around the world where the LSAT is administered. I don't think anyone can answer this unless they've been to your specific testing location.

• mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    631 karma

I agree with @RafaelBernard. Exactly what I was going to say.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

you can do either way

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

good to know, thanks

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:

it truly depends on your testing center. both times I've taken, there was more than enough space to put my watch on the table along with pencils ands tuff. but like I said, it really depends on your testing center and what kinds of desks they use

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    edited September 2017 5320 karma

my desk was extremely tiny. i couldn't fit my test booklet and answer sheet on it so i had to tuck my answer sheet behind and pull it out to bubble in. so we were allowed to put our watch on the desk, but there wasn't space for it.

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@RafaelBernard said:

@Victoria14 said:

What? Crazy... I don't think it's reasonable to enforce this. I prefer mine on my wrist.

Yep! The classroom had been dead silent up to that point and when the lady came in and told us, she left in a hurry. Out of no where someone was like, "What the fuck?! No!" Pretty much broke the ice and we never heard a thing again about it from the actual proctors.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

At UT Austin they enforced a strict on the desk policy, no wrist. Plenty of room though.