Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! Bad admission ticket picture

MadysonSMadysonS Alum Member
in General 9 karma

So when I uploaded my picture for my admission ticket it seemed fine, but now that I've printed it off it looks like there's a shadow on half my face! Is it possible that they will let me change my picture even though it's after the deadline if I call them or something, or am I basically screwed out of taking the LSAT in September?

Comments

• SimiKaurSimiKaur Alum Member
    edited September 2017 12 karma

This happened to me last exam time. They pretty much said there was no exception after the deadline and that I cannot change it. They said it was up to the person accepting admission on the day of the exam if they will accept it. Basically, I withdrew because there was not a certain chance of them accepting my picture the day of the exam. Not being accepted at the exam on the day of meant that it would show up on the LSAC records while withdrawing before meant that there would be nothing showing up on the LSAC records. I tried to reach out to even the supervisor at LSAC and they were not sympathetic whatsoever. I even mentioned that when the picture was uploaded it seemed fine online but there was an issue when printed and that there may be a flaw with the uploading system.

However, if the proctor can clearly identify you from the picture you should be fine.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

They won't let you change it, but as @SimiKaur said it's largely up to the proctor's discretion whether to let you in or not. Assuming the picture still looks like you, you should be fine (unless the proctor is a major a-hole).

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

You can't change it. Just hope you have a proctor that isn't an A-hole

• usernameusername Alum Member
    276 karma

A darker than normal shade of foundation on the corresponding half of your face should fix that right up.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited September 2017 13286 karma

I have a story for you to help calm your nerves. I can't guarantee it'll happen but it's worth hearing.

Sept 2016 I uploaded a picture from my I-Phone. I didn't fill the box fully and I was unaware of the crop tool. The deadline past and I had a small picture that did not fill the entire box. I lost my mind, and got super nervous about it the night before the test.

The day of the test I went in. The guy gave me a look of "you're dumb" laughed and let me in. He could tell it was me. I think as long as they can tell it is you, then you'll be alright unless they are total dicks.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

Also, a follow up question as I had a similar issue. Are you printing it in black and white or color? When I printed mine b&w I had a pretty worrying shadow covering half my face, but printing in color fixed that or made it less likely to be an issue. So if you printed in b&w, try color.

• nevadacity37nevadacity37 Free Trial Member
    163 karma

@username said:
    A darker than normal shade of foundation on the corresponding half of your face should fix that right up.

This is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

• nevadacity37nevadacity37 Free Trial Member
    163 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:
    Also, a follow up question as I had a similar issue. Are you printing it in black and white or color? When I printed mine b&w I had a pretty worrying shadow covering half my face, but printing in color fixed that or made it less likely to be an issue. So if you printed in b&w, try color.

Solid advice.

• MadysonSMadysonS Alum Member
    9 karma

@SimiKaur said:
    This happened to me last exam time. They pretty much said there was no exception after the deadline and that I cannot change it. They said it was up to the person accepting admission on the day of the exam if they will accept it. Basically, I withdrew because there was not a certain chance of them accepting my picture the day of the exam. Not being accepted at the exam on the day of meant that it would show up on the LSAC records while withdrawing before meant that there would be nothing showing up on the LSAC records. I tried to reach out to even the supervisor at LSAC and they were not sympathetic whatsoever. I even mentioned that when the picture was uploaded it seemed fine online but there was an issue when printed and that there may be a flaw with the uploading system.

However, if the proctor can clearly identify you from the picture you should be fine.

Thank you for the advice! I'm glad that I'm not the only one this has happened to, because I felt pretty dumb when I printed my ticket and saw it.

So what does it show up as on your records if you show up and get turned away? And how bad does it look to law schools if that happens?

9 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    I have a story for you to help calm your nerves. I can't guarantee it'll happen but it's worth hearing.

Sept 2016 I uploaded a picture from my I-Phone. I didn't fill the box fully and I was unaware of the crop tool. The deadline past and I had a small picture that did not fill the entire box. I lost my mind, and got super nervous about it the night before the test.

The day of the test I went in. The guy gave me a look of "you're dumb" laughed and let me in. He could tell it was me. I think as long as they can tell it is you, then you'll be alright unless they are total dicks.

That does make me feel a little better about it. Thanks! I think I will actually just burst into tears if I get all the way to the door after months of studying and I some a-hole proctor tells me to get lost

9 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:

I printed in colour and there's a pretty bad shadow. I just tried black and white to see if it would make any difference and now it looks like some bad phantom of the opera parody or something hahaha