Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difficulty with NA questions

I am consistently getting NA questions wrong. Any advice? I find them very hard.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

This is how I got better at NA.

1.) bought a notebook
    2.) wrote out the conclusion
    3.) wrote out the support
    4.) guessed at an assumption
    5.) wrote out a negation of every AC
    6.) explained why the correct negation destroyed the argument

I did this for a ton of questions. It got me use to seeing trap answer choices. Got me use to seeing how the correct AC destroyed the argument when negated. Got me use to negating answer choices. Got me use to pre-phrasing answers for this type of question.

After this I saw a pretty decent increase in score on this type of question.

• RGiggi13RGiggi13 Alum Member
    36 karma

I've been going through the drilling materials at the end of the curriculum and just doing sets of 25+ of these questions in a row and blind reviewing them. Just focusing in on and repeating the type of thinking necessary for NA questions has helped.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

^ this

do a bunch of NA questions in bulks and try to see patterns.

• This how I got better:

Rewatched the lesson, took a break, and watched it one more time. I tried to do it with extreme examples in my everyday life.

I think the biggest problem with NA questions is we try to answer beyond the necessary, and we want to answer it as though it is a MSS. The LSAT writers know that, and they take advantage (not advantage, but you know), so they almost always put in something that is beyond what is needed.