Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First BR 163, first timed 151, will I never break 170?

This was my first week with 7sage. I read that the BR score is used to indicate room for improvement whereas the timed score is used to indicate performance under time pressure. And a scary question popped into my head, is 163 my ceiling i.e. will I never break 170 or above? I know the question sounds stupid, but I am totally new to the 7sage and the LSAT in general and I just got worried. :( I plan on upgrading to the Ultmate+ course. I am only in third year and have lots of time to wait and prep.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jerryguitarist said:
    This was my first week with 7sage. I read that the BR score is used to indicate room for improvement whereas the timed score is used to indicate performance under time pressure. And a scary question popped into my head, is 163 my ceiling i.e. will I never break 170 or above? I know the question sounds stupid, but I am totally new to the 7sage and the LSAT in general and I just got worried. :( I plan on upgrading to the Ultmate+ course. I am only in third year and have lots of time to wait and prep.

Your PT/BR score are just snapshots of where you are right now. You've only been prepping for a week, so that's actually a great place to start. Most people I've known to score in the 170s have started somewhere in the 150s, so you can absolutely hit that 170.

Just make sure you finish the core curriculum and fool proof the games bundle before PT'ing again.

Good luck & Welcome to the community :)

• 54 karma

@"Alex Divine" Cool! Thanks for the advice! I really don't mind taking a year to put in the work needed. I look forward to learning from everyone here! :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jerryguitarist said:
    @"Alex Divine" Cool! Thanks for the advice! I really don't mind taking a year to put in the work needed. I look forward to learning from everyone here! :)

That's a rare and amazing mindset to have! With a year of solid prep, I think you have a really great chance at some awesome improvement. :)

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    edited September 2017 3521 karma

Yes you will!

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Dw. Your in a great place. I started with a sub 150 and now im PTing in the low/mid 170s.
    You got this!!
    If you have any questions, we are all here to help

• 54 karma

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone! I really appreciate it! :)

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

No one can tell you for certain whether you'll ever break 170, but there is nothing in your current situation that is, in any way, inconsistent with scoring 170. Your self-doubt, in my opinion, is totally unwarranted. Many, many people in your situation eventually score 170.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

Is there a specific plan any of you have followed to break these ceilings? How did You create a schedule for yourself of what to do each day?