Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September 2017 LSAT Discussion Thread

inactiveinactive Alum Member
edited September 2017 in September 2017 LSAT 12637 karma

Hey guys! Here's the official Feb. LSAT Discussion Thread. Please keep all discussions of the Feb. 2017 LSAT here!

Here's some ground rules, taken from my usual sticky:

We know that everyone will be excited to discuss what was on the Sept. '17 LSAT, but mentioning specifics about the test (e.g., "I got B for question 6" or "the 3rd LG was sequencing") can get both us and you in a lot of trouble with LSAC. Saying that the test was hard/easy without going into detail is okay, but anything more specific is not okay. LSAC monitors this forum.

If you're unsure what may be too specific, feel free to PM me with what you'd like to post.

The only exception is you can say which sections were real or experimental. For example, the LG with "flowers" was experimental. That's okay.

TL;DR: PLEASE don't talk specifics about September's LSAT!

Here's where you can see the current Real/Experimental Sections:
https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/12783/september-2017-lsat-real-experimental-sections-keywords

Have fun discussing!

LSAT Difficulty
  1. How difficult do you think the Sept. LSAT was?332 votes
    1. Very difficult. It was a real challenge.
      37.65%
    2. As difficult as any other LSAT. I was well prepared.
      48.49%
    3. Not difficult at all. It was underwhelming.
        6.02%
    4. Just kill me now.
        7.83%

Comments

• Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member
    224 karma

I took it overseas. Just finished. Was not good! I'm considering just canceling & sticking to my June score. Don't worry if you took it in the US. Tests overseas most probably are different.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

People are coming out! Tell us how you did and give us a small description of some of the questions. :)

Something like:

This LG question was about dog owners and cat owners
    This LR question was about shrimp and lemon

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

I had 2 RC. One had a passage about astronomy and the other had a passage about judges' opinions. Anyone who can shed light on which was real would be very appreciated.

12637 karma

The Judge's Opinions one was real. Astronomy is experimental.

@bswise2 said:
    I had 2 RC. One had a passage about astronomy and the other had a passage about judges' opinions. Anyone who can shed light on which was real would be very appreciated.

• HesusChristHesusChrist Member
    edited September 2017 69 karma

Legit LG: sequencing foods, students to projects, investigators to suspects.
    LR: 25 and 26 questions - [removed]

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    edited September 2017 544 karma

Judge's Opinion RC (holy hard)
    LG: [removed] game about interviewing
    LR: 3-5 cups of tea is good

(I thought RC was REALLY challenging)

12637 karma

What experimental did you guys have? @jackigoe @HesusChrist

69 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

Reading comp. LR was legit.

12637 karma

@HesusChrist said:

Did you get one about assigning students to advisors?

• shanedridershanedrider Alum Member
    156 karma

Had 2 RC sections - one contained the passage on Judges, and the other had a section on forest conservation. Seems the judge section was the real one.

Found the logic games to be pretty difficult as well, but the LR wasn't that difficult.

All in all, glad to be finally done. My watch is finally over.

69 karma

@HesusChrist said:

For LG, yes.

• noah.spector1noah.spector1 Alum Member
    edited September 2017 10 karma

Had three LRs. First had one about perimeter lights and vandalism. Second had one re: cost of energy use in rooms. Third (I think) had one about an art critic and opera. Could very well be confusing the last one with the second, though.

12637 karma

@HesusChrist said:

@HesusChrist said:

For LG, yes.

So these were your four for LG?

-Types of Food/Specials in Different Restaurants
    -Ordering Students to Advisors
    -Matching Students to Assignments
    -Investigators/Suspects

69 karma

@HesusChrist said:

@HesusChrist said:

For LG, yes.

-Investigators/Suspects

Correct.

• MpRhDCyhDMpRhDCyhD Free Trial Member
    25 karma

I'll remember more as I think about it but at very least:
    LR1 - moose and deer; modern usages of land measurement
    LR2 - can’t remember
    LR3 - bike sharing; meteorologists’ forecasts
    RC1 - native language preservation; judges’ honesty; Freud/Marx; can’t remember the other

I thought the RC was unusually difficult, and L1 (for me) was harder than the other two. Not sure which was experimental.

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

Had two RCs. Found the judges one super difficult and Forrest conservation was fair. LG was stupid easy and LR was difficult but fair.

• Summer17Summer17 Alum Member
    edited September 2017 125 karma

I had LR, LG, LR, (break) LR, RC
    Can anyone confirm which LR was the expert. one? (My last LR section had [removed] question as the last question)
    Also, for RC the judges was the real one and for games the one with students with advisors was real.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

Judges opinion made no sense to me. Ugh RC!!!

69 karma

@Summer17 said:
    Can anyone confirm which LR was the expert. one? (My last LR section had [removed] question as the last question)
    Also, for RC the judges was the real one and for games the one with students with advisors was real.

That last LR was legit.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

I had LR as experimental @"Dillon A. Wright"

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

The forest rc was real

edited September 2017 12637 karma

@HesusChrist said:

@HesusChrist said:

@HesusChrist said:

For LG, yes.

-Investigators/Suspects

Correct.

What about films and theatres? We have some misinfo somewhere, having people with no experimental LG saying films/theatres and investigators/suspects.

• Richie PerezRichie Perez Member
    7 karma

Is it safe to assume that the Florida testers waiting for the make up will have a different test than the one just administered?

729 karma

I had 3 LR. 2 lr and lg before the break. The first 2 lr were easy. I misread a rule on lg, went back, dwelled on it, run out of time :( this killed my vibe and made me decide to cancel, so I halfassed the last lr and rc. Rc first 2 passages weren't bad. My third lr was very time consuming. Note to self : TIME YOUR PRACTICE MORE RIGOROUSLY

12637 karma

@"Richie Perez" said:
    Is it safe to assume that the Florida testers waiting for the make up will have a different test than the one just administered?

It's likely.

• wkf0430170wkf0430170 Member
    28 karma

2LG,1RC (Judge honesty), 2LR (one contains moose, the other contains Jazz and translate voice to text ). The last game piece of the first LG is very hard for me, which is about two authors of a book. But I cannot recall details about them.

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

I'm hoping the judges RC section was experimental. It was brutal

I also thought LR was on the medium to harder side and LG was easier

12637 karma

@wkf0430170 said:
    2LG,1RC (Judge honesty), 2LR (one contains moose, the other contains Jazz and translate voice to text ). The last game piece of the first LG is very hard for me, which is about two authors of a book. But I cannot recall details about them.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/12783/september-2017-lsat-real-experimental-sections-keywords

• wkf0430170wkf0430170 Member
    28 karma

@wkf0430170 said:

one of my lr has Perimeter Lights/Vandalism

• amnarashid221amnarashid221 Free Trial Member
    71 karma

I had 3 LR, there was one with the joggers and the student dress code which I think might have been the experimental for LR.

729 karma

Which one is safer? Cancel or see your score and risk having a low score on the record

729 karma

when will today's test pt be released?

71 karma

Games I thought were insanely easy... but the reading comp was a killer. The judge passage was insane.

• lktiemannlktiemann Free Trial Member
    14 karma

As already determined, Judges RC was real (on par with Eileen Gray IMO), the investigators/suspects LG was real. Had 3 LR.

• rene4231rene4231 Alum Member
    162 karma

3LR : I personally found the first one much more difficult than the others
    RC: Judges, Forest
    LG: Witnesses, Movie Theater, Student assignments

Maybe a dumb question but will all students that had 3LR receive the experimental section in the same order? I saw above some found the last section of LR the hardest while I believe the first was the most difficult.

71 karma

Hey @rene4231 did you have the jogger and dress code question as your second LR?

• Maddie D.Maddie D. Alum Member
    edited September 2017 325 karma

Daaaamn I was really hoping for the easier RC section to be the legit one :cry: That judges opinion passage was...interesting.

• Oceanj35Oceanj35 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

had 2 lg... the first lg was section 1 and brutal. Remember a question about visiting 2 cities in an order. 3rd section had my second lg. I rmebeer the first game in the 3rd section had 7 questions which I viewed as rare

• Maddie D.Maddie D. Alum Member
    325 karma

@ZaTabler said:
    I'm hoping the judges RC section was experimental. It was brutal

I also thought LR was on the medium to harder side and LG was easier

Was hoping the same thing for RC but evidently the judges section was real. If you need me I'll be crying forever! Also agree about LR and LG.

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

Literally considering canceling over how bad the RC was. Like the first article I remember being very fair and the rest was a train wreck.

• nickdarbynickdarby Free Trial Member
    4 karma

Judge's RC was insane. Both of my RC science passages were very, very easy. But the Judge's RC (third passage of the set, fourth section) was the hardest law passage I've ever done.

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    edited September 2017 1084 karma

This is funny, I didn't realize people got different experimental sections. I thought we all got the same one!

I got two LG. Do we know which LG was the legit one? I feel I did better on the second LG

For those of you that did the judges opinion on RC, it was the one that counted cause I did it too

12637 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    This is funny, I didn't realize people got different experimental sections. I thought we all got the same one!

I got two LG. Do we know which LG was the legit one? I feel I did better on the second LG

For those of you that did the judges opinion on RC, it was the one that counted cause I did it too

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    edited September 2017 1084 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" , funnily,I'm having trouble remembering what the themes of the games were. LOL. Usually when I do LG I only register letters and slots.

• kangnamratakangnamrata Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 12 karma

SAME had 3 LRs. First LR was brutal. 25 questions and didn't finish the last one. I don't think that all LRs are presented in order though.

Also didn't have an LR with a removed question.

@rene4231 said:
    3LR : I personally found the first one much more difficult than the others
    RC: Judges, Forest
    LG: Witnesses, Movie Theater, Student assignments

Maybe a dumb question but will all students that had 3LR receive the experimental section in the same order? I saw above some found the last section of LR the hardest while I believe the first was the most difficult.

• BillGreenpointBillGreenpoint Alum Member
    edited September 2017 318 karma

I've never 100% finished an LG section and been secure with my answers within the given time. Until today. So, that's both a small victory for me and a testament to the level of difficulty (or lack of difficulty) of the LG section.

• tuc28290tuc28290 Alum Member
    edited September 2017 103 karma

@"noah.spector1" said:
    Had three LRs. First had one about perimeter lights and vandalism. Second had one re: cost of energy use in rooms. Third (I think) had one about an art critic and opera. Could very well be confusing the last one with the second, though.

i had 3 LRs as well. definitely had the one w/ the perimeter lights & vandalism.

i also had one abt deer & population in/decrease..anyone have that one too?

trying to think of other questions i had but it just all went to fast..

71 karma

@BillGreenpoint said:
    I've never 100% finished an LG section and been secure with my answers within the given time. Until today. So, that's both a small victory for me and a testament to the level of difficulty (or lack of difficulty) of the LG section.

lol same... they called 15 minutes when I got to my last game.

• kangnamratakangnamrata Free Trial Member
    12 karma

I had 3 LRs and didn't have any with a removed question.

@HesusChrist said:

@Summer17 said:

That last LR was legit.

• jacobzuberijacobzuberi Member
    28 karma

LR lights/vandalism was real