Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September 2017 LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@kangnamrata said:
    I had 3 LRs and didn't have any with a removed question.

@HesusChrist said:

@Summer17 said:
    I had LR, LG, LR, (break) LR, RC
    Can anyone confirm which LR was the expert. one? (My last LR section had [removed] question as the last question)
    Also, for RC the judges was the real one and for games the one with students with advisors was real.

That last LR was legit.

The [removed] code was added by me as the post violated the rules.

12637 karma

@jacobzuberi said:
    LR lights/vandalism was real

What was your experimental?

• tuc28290tuc28290 Alum Member
    103 karma

@amnarashid221 said:
    Hey @rene4231 did you have the jogger and dress code question as your second LR?

I had 3 LRs. Didn't have any jogger/dress code question tho, for sure.

• amnarashid221amnarashid221 Free Trial Member
    71 karma

Lol did anyone have LR with the student dress code and analogy with the river?

71 karma

Lol can we get different experimentals for the same section?

12637 karma

@amnarashid221 said:
    Lol can we get different experimentals for the same section?

Yes

• kangnamratakangnamrata Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 12 karma

Ah, got it. Also the RC section... there was a passage about preserving native languages (2nd), then judges (3rd), and last one was about grand theories - Marx and Freud (4th)

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

@kangnamrata said:

@HesusChrist said:

@Summer17 said:
    Can anyone confirm which LR was the expert. one? (My last LR section had [removed] question as the last question)
    Also, for RC the judges was the real one and for games the one with students with advisors was real.

That last LR was legit.

12637 karma

@kangnamrata said:
    Ah, got it. Also the RC section... there was a passage about preserving native languages (2nd), then judges (3rd), and last one was about grand theories (4th)

@kangnamrata said:

@HesusChrist said:

@Summer17 said:

That last LR was legit.

Thanks. LG and RC have already been confirmed:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/12783/september-2017-lsat-real-experimental-sections-keywords

We're just waiting to find the majority of the LR section.

• jimenezja.jjjimenezja.jj Alum Member
    edited September 2017 187 karma

So umm yeah.. I had two logic game sections. The first section I believe I did good. The second Section not so much the categorization of East and West was the first game. I believe the fourth was [removed]. I believe this was the actual logic games not experimental.. Either way kudos to everyone who took the test today!!

• tuc28290tuc28290 Alum Member
    103 karma

@MpRhDCyhD said:
    I'll remember more as I think about it but at very least:
    LR1 - moose and deer; modern usages of land measurement
    LR2 - can’t remember
    LR3 - bike sharing; meteorologists’ forecasts
    RC1 - native language preservation; judges’ honesty; Freud/Marx; can’t remember the other

I thought the RC was unusually difficult, and L1 (for me) was harder than the other two. Not sure which was experimental.

I definitely did not have bike sharing /meteorologist LR.

It amazes me how you can remember all of that !!

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    edited September 2017 1997 karma

The [removed] in the experimental RC was literally the hardest I've ever seen. So glad that wasn't real

• HesusChristHesusChrist Member
    69 karma

@tuc28290 said:

@MpRhDCyhD said:
    I'll remember more as I think about it but at very least:
    LR1 - moose and deer; modern usages of land measurement
    LR2 - can’t remember
    LR3 - bike sharing; meteorologists’ forecasts
    RC1 - native language preservation; judges’ honesty; Freud/Marx; can’t remember the other

I thought the RC was unusually difficult, and L1 (for me) was harder than the other two. Not sure which was experimental.

I definitely did not have bike sharing /meteorologist LR.

It amazes me how you can remember all of that !!

I had two LR sections. Don't remember bike sharing or forecasts.

• HesusChristHesusChrist Member
    69 karma

I see that perimeter lights and cost of energy between towns is listed as experimental. I recognize those from my two LR sections, so I think they're legit.

• MikeLpz21MikeLpz21 Member
    39 karma

Just got out. I hate RC and I ended up getting 2 RC , but I feel I did well . I got a LR question dealing with "ravens" and couldn't help but immediately think about Game of Thrones lol

• vanillamochivanillamochi Member
    edited September 2017 37 karma

@HesusChrist said:
    I see that perimeter lights and cost of energy between towns is listed as experimental. I recognize those from my two LR sections, so I think they're legit.

I got *[three LRs:] a section with *perimeter lights,
    The second section is a little hazy but I think it involved wearing back braces in a workplace and the third involved opera

edited September 2017 12637 karma

@HesusChrist said:

They're listed as real, not experimental.

Edit: Oops, I had them in both sections. Thanks!

• tcookPHLtcookPHL Alum Member
    300 karma

I had LR three times and blacked out during the first LR I'm pretty sure... I thought it was considerably more difficult than previous tests.

37 karma

The LR with 26 questions had me dead

71 karma

Does anyone remember the homophones and grammar question from the LR? Was that real?

• 5everLSATing5everLSATing Member
    22 karma

was the LG section with interviewing (8?) law associates experimental? :(

37 karma

@amnarashid221 said:
    Does anyone remember the homophones and grammar question from the LR? Was that real?

I remember the question, but would need another question to link it to a particular section. I had three LR and it was not in the section with the light and perimeter.

37 karma

@"rebecca.c.akong" said:

@amnarashid221 said:

I remember the question, but would need another question to link it to a particular section. I had three LR and it was not in the section with the light and perimeter.

For me, the grammar question was in the third set and contained 26 questions, IIRC

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    The [removed] in the experimental RC was literally the hardest I've ever seen. So glad that wasn't real

So was the judges RC section experimental?

• mark mccumbermark mccumber Alum Member
    58 karma

Homophones was real

37 karma

@ZaTabler said:

@Mellow_Z said:

The judges RC was absolutely real. I had an experimental LR (3 LR total) and my RC contained the judges passage.

513 karma

The Judge's Opinions one was real. Astronomy is experimental.

@bswise2 said:
    I had 2 RC. One had a passage about astronomy and the other had a passage about judges' opinions. Anyone who can shed light on which was real would be very appreciated.

How do you know the judges opinion RC section was the real one?

• n.ottenn.otten Free Trial Member
    7 karma

@"rebecca.c.akong" said:

@"rebecca.c.akong" said:

@amnarashid221 said:

For me, the grammar question was in the third set and contained 26 questions, IIRC

I had that question and I had 2 LR sections.

• lawschoolhopeful1996lawschoolhopeful1996 Alum Member
    edited September 2017 49 karma

One of my logic games sections had East and West and had a variable called Shakespearean something. Does anyone know which one was the actual logic games section?

Thanks!

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

I knew I was screwed the second I got a second 25 question LR section. Games were super easy so it was either experimental or RC was going to be brutal. Sure enough... I got so stuck on the judges that I skipped to next section and tried to quickly skim through and come back. Near blind guessed on like five judge questions in the end and probably did a disservice to myself on the Grand Theories due to skimming.

I think it possible that my LR/LG performance saves me from being devastated but I'd really like a test that just had an average difficulty RC one time.

71 karma

Yup the homophones was in the third set for me as well

71 karma

I'm glad no one knows about the jogger and dress code questions that LR was insanely hard still hoping it was experimental.

513 karma

@"rebecca.c.akong" said:

@ZaTabler said:

@Mellow_Z said:

The judges RC was absolutely real. I had an experimental LR (3 LR total) and my RC contained the judges passage.

SHIT THE BED. I'll begin praying now.

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4572 karma

3 LRs.
    The only thing I remember was the first and second LR had 25 questions and the third one had 26.

12637 karma

@ZaTabler said:

@Mellow_Z said:

No, it was real.

@lawschoolhopeful1996 said:
    One of my logic games sections had East and West and the second logic games section had a variable called Shakespearean something. Does anyone know which one was the actual logic games section?

Thanks!

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/12783/september-2017-lsat-real-experimental-sections-keywords

• bklsat05bklsat05 Member
    edited September 2017 177 karma

I've been trying so hard with games and just completely diagrammed wrong and missed all inferences. I then decided to try another game and just should have at least restarted and just gotten some right instead of guessing so much
    1st LR was brutal, had 3 LRs (first time I took lsat I had 2 RCs), always better to have more LRs

• tmgomez2tmgomez2 Alum Member
    67 karma

I had three LR sections, and have a terrible memory, so I can't be of much help. Two were 25 questions and one was 26. I do know that the first section seemed considerably harder than what I had prepared for (I was scrambling to finish and it was a 25 question one), but I am allowing room for my brain just being slower to catch up to working quickly on that first section. I think I did best on an LR section that had a nuts and overweight question....anyone with a better memory know if that was a real or experimental section?

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

So homophones (my third LR) was real? I can't remember anything from the first two LRs. Second section was LG. All I know was both had 25 questions. Hoping the first was experimental.

12637 karma

@"mark mccumber" said:
    Homophones was real

37 karma

@amnarashid221 said:
    I'm glad no one knows about the jogger and dress code questions that LR was insanely hard still hoping it was experimental.

I can't recall these and that leads me to believe they are ones I blind guessed in the 26-question LR section... but I think opera was also in this section and opera in the official experimental thread was listed as experimental, yet some people are saying the 26-q LR was real

• Tianhao.LiuTianhao.Liu Member
    11 karma

Three LRs, one moose and deer, second one can't remember third one Beads and gold. LG is not that hard, RC about judges hard like Hell.

177 karma

What about the LR with cars?

1063 karma

@lawschoolhopeful1996 said:
    One of my logic games sections had East and West and the second logic games section had a variable called Shakespearean something. Does anyone know which one was the actual logic games section?

Thanks!

east and west was real LG section

513 karma

Beads and gold one was real.

71 karma

@"rebecca.c.akong" said:

@amnarashid221 said:

I can't recall these and that leads me to believe they are ones I blind guessed in the 26-question LR section... but I think opera was also in this section and opera in the official experimental thread was listed as experimental, yet some people are saying the 26-q LR was real

The jogger one was the 25 questions so I thing 26 is real.

edited September 2017 37 karma

@"Tianhao.Liu" said:
    Three LRs, one moose and deer, second one can't remember third one Beads and gold. LG is not that hard, RC about judges hard like Hell.

I had beads and gold in the LR with 26 questions (which was also third for me) I am almost certain

1063 karma

@"mark mccumber" said:
    Homophones was real

I assumed the 26 questions one was real just because LR seems to be one section with 25 and one section with 26. is this not a viable method?

• Laabradir33Laabradir33 Alum Member
    161 karma

I had 3 LRs. I remember the first LR section, because it was the easiest and more importantly question 17 or 18 started on the last flipping page(last 2 pages), which is highly unusual. Normally the last page would start on question 21~23 with 4~5 questions.
    Basically the last 2 pages had like 8 questions in total

513 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright"

so the general consensus is that RC was hard. Will the curve reflect this? how does that work?

71 karma

Yea also had beads and gold with the homophones as the third section with 26 questions.

177 karma

RC was killed for sure !!

Curve should be normal I think due to "easy" LG (quotes cuz I bombed them)