Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September 2017 LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• vorodm01vorodm01 Member
    73 karma

Curve guesses?

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

Morning tests are the worst. Not only did I have to wake up at 5am but I feel like I can't start drinking immediately.

• DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma

@"noah.spector1" said:
    Had three LRs. First had one about perimeter lights and vandalism. Second had one re: cost of energy use in rooms. Third (I think) had one about an art critic and opera. Could very well be confusing the last one with the second, though.

I don't remember all the questions - I had three LRs as well -

Section 1 - 25 Q
    Section 3 - 25 Q
    Section 4 - 26 Q

I think Section 1 and 4 were the real sections, right? Section 3 seemed too easy.

• bkapl002bkapl002 Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 10 karma

b

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@bkapl002 said:
    Anyone know what the breakdown of LG was? Like How many In/out, Linear, etc.

Not able to discuss that.

• JDtobeeeeJDtobeeee Alum Member
    edited September 2017 175 karma

• g00g00shg00g00sh Member
    119 karma

I'm torn about cancelling because I knew that I bombed the judges portion, but the Logic Games section with shakespeare villains was the easiest one I've ever encountered. What do you think the curve will be?

73 karma

One of the most challenging aspects of the test: breaking the seal

279 karma

@"Christopher :)" said:
    3 LRs.
    The only thing I remember was the first and second LR had 25 questions and the third one had 26.

Yea me too - which of the 25s was real?

73 karma

@DByrne07 said:

@"Christopher :)" said:
    3 LRs.
    The only thing I remember was the first and second LR had 25 questions and the third one had 26.

Yea me too - which of the 25s was real?

The one with the 'perimeter lights' question

756 karma

@vorodm01 said:

Use the latch on your watch! I struggled with this the first time I took the test too

279 karma

@farrellkaitie said:
    I had LR LG LR LR RC
    Praying that the second LR was real since it was the only one I felt confident about what I remember is
    LR1some hypothesized light in space
    LR2 workers wearing black lifting belts
    LR3 shouldn't have to pay someone for driving them to school because it's on the way anyway

Although it's very possible that I blacked out on the entire test and am remembering this wrong

I thought LR1 was hard and LR2 was easy - agree. I assume LR1 was real?

• Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member
    224 karma

@reflectionx said:
    There was an RC experimental passage about abstract thinking and primitive art. There was also an experimental passage on immunity to lawsuits. I have no memory of any passage mentioning the pyramids or the louvre or astronomy--are there multiple experimental versions?

I had 2 RC sections and I remember the tribal immunity, WW1 activist, & the abstract art but I took the test overseas. Does that mean it was the expermental???? I hope so coz the other one was pretty easy.

• alexbennett234alexbennett234 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Had a LR question about polar ice caps and seawater, real?

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    edited September 2017 582 karma

torn on canceling ;/

73 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@vorodm01 said:

Use the latch on your watch! I struggled with this the first time I took the test too

Yeah, I tried to use pencil. Didn't go well. Flashback to the first MIB movie.

• JDtobeeeeJDtobeeee Alum Member
    edited September 2017 175 karma

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@Oceanj35 said:

@TheMikey said:
    I had LG--LR--LG--RC--LR

RC was really really hard. I almost had a mental breakdown. First LR for me was a bit tough but not bad, the other one was on the easier side. The real LG was easy, the experimental one was time consuming af and a bit tough, didn't get to finish and I'm glad it was exp

Was your exp first?

yup!

4196 karma

@Victoria14 said:

@TheMikey said:

@Victoria14 said:
    Did anyone else think the LG was stupid easy? Also did anyone else have a problem with one question?

yeah LG was dumb easy. my exp LG was a bit harder and I didn't get to finish though, but screw it it's the exp!

Hey what did you think of the LR? The second one kicked my bum Andy hat never normally happens.

my first LR was a bit on the tougher side, but not bad. my 2nd one was easier and I finished with lots of time to spare.

I thought LR overall wasn't so bad. RC was dumb af tho

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

@vorodm01 said:

hahaha omg me too!!! I was like what the fuck. how do I do this?

1063 karma

@vorodm01 said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@vorodm01 said:

lmao same I used my pencil and then saw at the end of the test all the millions of black smudges. Also I was like are they going to wait for me to open this shit up? lol

first time takers problems

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Team Homestead, by the way.

Down with Bristol.

73 karma

@RafaelBernard said:

@vorodm01 said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@vorodm01 said:

lmao same I used my pencil and then saw at the end of the test all the millions of black smudges. Also I was like are they going to wait for me to open this shit up? lol

Lol glad I am not the only one. Since I was the only person sitting in the front row, I assume all the other test takers were thinking 'wtf is this guy doing.'

1063 karma

@vorodm01 said:

@RafaelBernard said:

@vorodm01 said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@vorodm01 said:

Lol glad I am not the only one. Since I was the only person sitting in the front row, I assume all the other test takers were thinking 'wtf is this guy doing.'

lol. I was the sitting right next to the human sniffling and sneezing machine. lucky 7sage proctor prepared me well for that.

4196 karma

Down with Bristol.

YES

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Hi all I'm here now. So about the LSAT...LG way easy...RC average and 3 LR so I have no hope of knowing which one is real....also I'm guessing -9 curve?

73 karma

@RafaelBernard said:

@vorodm01 said:

@RafaelBernard said:

@vorodm01 said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@vorodm01 said:

lol. I was the sitting right next to the human sniffling and sneezing machine. lucky 7sage proctor prepared me well for that.

Yeah, 7sage proctor background noise settings were definitely helpful. I was not distracted by the noise at all. Although, I heard somebody screaming in the classroom next to ours. Hope everything went well.

4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Hi all I'm here now. So about the LSAT...LG way easy...RC average and 3 LR so I have no hope of knowing which one is real....also I'm guessing -9 curve?

RC sucked yo. LG was easy afffffff

have a drink now

1917 karma

This wait is going to be absolutely brutal.

1063 karma

@TheMikey said:

@LSATcantwin said:

RC sucked yo. LG was easy afffffff

have a drink now

@LSATcantwin if that's your reaction you did fine. @themikey I feel you. went straight to the bar and had a bloody mary.

• Jason KanderJason Kander Free Trial Member
    90 karma

Hey, so I had LR LG LR LR RC

On my 2nd LR (3rd section) I had something about clerics exaggerating how religious peasants are, and I was wondering if you can help me figure out if this was the experimental section? Thanks in advance.

• johanna586johanna586 Alum Member
    202 karma

How many different LR experimental sections are there? I don't remember anything about joggers, art critics/opera, or light in space. I had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR I think? 1LR seemed hardest, 2nd easiest, 3rd in the middle.
    I do remember questions about bikesharing, stretching with physicians/yoga. copyrighting songs vs paintings, teaching computer skills in school but I don't know if they were in the same section or not. Mostly remember question types.

1917 karma

@mta72

I had the same. That was experimental.

90 karma

@AllezAllez21 Thanks for the quick response. How sure are you? That would be such a huge sigh of relief

• Maddie D.Maddie D. Alum Member
    325 karma

@AllezAllez21 said:

Down with Bristol.

Yes same. Bye, Bristol. :lol:

1917 karma

@mta72 95%

Referencing with available information, the second LR (of 3) was experimental. It also had a question about saving bears from habitat loss.

• myk950myk950 Free Trial Member
    12 karma

@myk950 said:
    Had 3 lr sections. Does anyone know if a question about lemurs, evolutionand high primates is experimental or not? Thanks!

Edited: cuz I wrote lg instead of lr haha

Bumping, also i had LR LG LR LR RC

The lemurs/high low primates question was in in the 2nd LR for me (the 3rd section of the overall test).

• zachary.findlingzachary.findling Free Trial Member
    5 karma

@HesusChrist said:
    Legit LG: sequencing foods, students to projects, investigators to suspects.
    LR: 25 and 26 questions - [removed]

• sunnyteesunnytee Alum Member
    9 karma

@mta72 said:
    Hey, so I had LR LG LR LR RC

On my 2nd LR (3rd section) I had something about clerics exaggerating how religious peasants are, and I was wondering if you can help me figure out if this was the experimental section? Thanks in advance.

I recognize that question. My experimental was LG, so I'm pretty sure that section was real.

756 karma

@"Maddie Distasio" said:

@AllezAllez21 said:

Down with Bristol.

Yes same. Bye, Bristol. :lol:

You guys are so very wrong but I can't explain why and it's killing me :-p

• zachary.findlingzachary.findling Free Trial Member
    5 karma

Guys. Damn. I messed up one of my logic games rules in Game #2 section 2. Had to erase all my answers and start over. Didn't get to the last 2 games. Killed my vibe for the rest of the test and know I didn't do well. Does it look bad to cancel a score? Are any of you guys cancelling? This was my first lsat and I'm planning to definitely take it in December. Thanks everyone

• fambam24fambam24 Member
    edited September 2017 215 karma

delete

• kvbusbeekvbusbee Member
    99 karma

I had RC, LR, LG, RC, LR. There was a RIDICULOUS science passage on quantum physics and particles (for those of you that have seen Interstellar, all I could think about was Matthew Mcchaunahey jetting around in his astronaut suit talking through a bookcase LOL), but it looks like from previous comments that it was the experimental. The third game tripped me up, it was one of the students ones, but besides that the games were pretty easy. I found my last LR section unusually hard, but I may have just been worn out.

90 karma

@sunnytee oh, man.

• IamrapidashIamrapidash Free Trial Member
    36 karma

How many questions did the real LG have? I ended up with 24 on mine and time got called before I could double check my scoresheet.

99 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    The [removed] in the experimental RC was literally the hardest I've ever seen. So glad that wasn't real

Looks like the actual question in your post was removed, but if you're referring to the science passage, then YES. It was nonsense.

• tcookPHLtcookPHL Alum Member
    300 karma

Does anyone know if the order is the same even for matching section orders:

Example: I had LR LG LR LR RC

is my first LR the same as someone else's first LR that had this format as well?

90 karma

@sunnytee & @AllezAllez21

Sunny, you seem fairly sure that the 2nd LR Is the real one and Allez, you seem sure that it isn't. Allez, you mentioned something about the bear and it's habitat, do you remember any more questions from that section? It can help me post more in the thread to find out.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate your help.

99 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Please confirm "Beads and Gold" and "Homophones" as questions if you did NOT have experimental LR.

Confirmed!

• bsemb001bsemb001 Free Trial Member
    104 karma

Upon seeing that the experimental LG was the one with foresters. I am officially distraught. I'm pretty sure I only got -2 or maybe -3 on the experimental section. The other LG I struggled with hard. Enough that I guessed in the final two questions in the last game without even reading it. :(

There's always DECEMBER!