Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September 2017 LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• Summer17Summer17 Alum Member
    125 karma

@mta72 said:
    @sunnytee & @AllezAllez21

Sunny, you seem fairly sure that the 2nd LR Is the real one and Allez, you seem sure that it isn't. Allez, you mentioned something about the bear and it's habitat, do you remember any more questions from that section? It can help me post more in the thread to find out.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate your help.

Haha yes, someone clear this up?

• DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma

If someone had:

LR - LG - LR - LR - RC - which LR was experimental?

• DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma

If someone had:

LR - LG - LR - LR - RC - which LR was experimental?> @JDtobeeee said:

My order was the exact same.

Was the first LR experimental??

@CrystalBoomBoom said:
    LR - LG - LR - LR - RC

First two LR have 25 questions, and the first one is way harder than the other two.

First LR has a question on Stretching with physicians and yoga, also has a question on what is morally acceptable. Only remember these cuz I just got stuck on those two :(

@JDtobeeee said:
    My order was the exact same.

Was the first LR experimental??

@CrystalBoomBoom said:
    LR - LG - LR - LR - RC

First two LR have 25 questions, and the first one is way harder than the other two.

First LR has a question on Stretching with physicians and yoga, also has a question on what is morally acceptable. Only remember these cuz I just got stuck on those two :(

Was told the Second LR was experimental.....

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

@mta72 Honestly, my memory is not getting kinda hazy. I'm less sure. I think the middle LR for me had a ton of disagree questions on the first page, like 3. I seem to be remembering questions as people post them, but unable to do so on my own.

• apathystudyapathystudy Member
    4 karma

agreed with everyone who says the science passage in the experimental RC was hardest of all time... really shook my confidence as the first section. luckily I think the rest was fine.

• jcylin93jcylin93 Alum Member
    13 karma

Had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC. Any idea what the question distribution for LR was? Remember it being 25-26-26 for some reason.

• grizzly55grizzly55 Free Trial Member
    7 karma

Are the order the games are presented the same across all tests? Some people are listing the games in the real section in an order that I don't remember them appearing on the test. Thanks. Let me know if this violates any of the rules of discussion and I will retract.

• Jason KanderJason Kander Free Trial Member
    90 karma

@AllezAllez21, I am like 60% sure that I had like 3 disagree questions in the first two pages also on my middle LR. so maybe.

• vanillamochivanillamochi Member
    37 karma

@jcylin93 said:
    Had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC. Any idea what the question distribution for LR was? Remember it being 25-26-26 for some reason.

It was 25, 25, 26 with the general consensus that the section with a vandalism question was the real 25.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Isn't it possible to have the same section order (LR LG LR LR RC) but not have the LR's in the same order? Can't my third section be someone else's first? Etc? How can you determine from order alone?

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Isn't it possible to have the same section order (LR LG LR LR RC) but not have the LR's in the same order? Can't my third section be someone else's first? Etc? How can you determine from order alone?

yeah, totally possible.

did u start drinking yet

• dwondwon Free Trial Member
    3 karma

@mta72 I have the same question re: experimental LR. Were your first two LR sections 25 qs and the third 26?

• reflectionxreflectionx Free Trial Member
    3 karma

@Hannah56 said:
    I had 2 RC sections and I remember the tribal immunity, WW1 activist, & the abstract art but I took the test overseas. Does that mean it was the expermental???? I hope so coz the other one was pretty easy.

Yep, that one was definitely the experimental (per others who didn't have that section).

13286 karma

@TheMikey said:

@LSATcantwin said:

yeah, totally possible.

did u start drinking yet

TBH I'm in my home alone. Stairing at a wall....it's all I can get myself to do...hahaha

90 karma

@dwon said:
    @mta72 I have the same question re: experimental LR. Were your first two LR sections 25 qs and the third 26?
    I am not entirely sure.

• zachary.findlingzachary.findling Free Trial Member
    5 karma

Is it bad to cancel a score? Really not feeling good about the test

4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@TheMikey said:

@LSATcantwin said:

yeah, totally possible.

did u start drinking yet

TBH I'm in my home alone. Stairing at a wall....it's all I can get myself to do...hahaha

drinnnnnkkkkkkkk

I may seem all cheery but I'm dying on the inside from this -27 on RC I'm about to get hit by

90 karma

@dwon said:

I am not entirely sure @dwon , I wish I kept an eye out on for that. All I remember from Section 3 is that question about clergy and them exaggerating how religious peasants were. I wish someone had a great memory with a clear-cut answer. Allez and Sunny, did help, so thanks to them!

90 karma

I think (not entirely sure) that I had like 2-3 disagree questions on the first two pages of the section I had that clergy question. I hope that can help someone decipher if that section was exp. or real.

7 karma

@mta72 said:
    I think (not entirely sure) that I had like 2-3 disagree questions on the first two pages of the section I had that clergy question. I hope that can help someone decipher if that section was exp. or real.

Clergy question was real

• barbie58tbarbie58t Free Trial Member
    8 karma

I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Really hoping the first section of LR was the experimental because I found it much harder than the other two, not entirely sure but I think the first section began with a question about drinking on campus. Can anyone confirm if this was the experimental section?

edited September 2017 13286 karma

@TheMikey dont lose your CANDOR bro. YOUR CANDOR IS IMPORTANT TO THE INTEGRATY OF THE JUDICIARY!

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@TheMikey said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@TheMikey said:

@LSATcantwin said:

yeah, totally possible.

did u start drinking yet

drinnnnnkkkkkkkk

I may seem all cheery but I'm dying on the inside from this -27 on RC I'm about to get hit by

Ah but that can explained to a school easily. Clearly you made a Scantron mistake on question two (double filled question one) and thus missed the rest through a series of comical mistakes on consecutive answer choices. I'm sure law schools will understand ;-P

13286 karma

@barbie58t this is the same as I had...still trying to figure it out

• fambam24fambam24 Member
    edited September 2017 215 karma

delete

• RJmazo14RJmazo14 Alum Member
    94 karma

I had RC LR LG RC LR. Was really hoping that the first RC was real, but turns out it was experimental. Judges passage and Freud/Marx passage were ridiculous. LG was pretty easy and LR was par for the course, if not a little harder.

Hopefully there's a decent curve, though doubtful considering June's RC was brutal, as well.

December's looking pretty nice right about now.

94 karma

@reflectionx said:
    There was an RC experimental passage about abstract thinking and primitive art. There was also an experimental passage on immunity to lawsuits. I have no memory of any passage mentioning the pyramids or the louvre or astronomy--are there multiple experimental versions?

Yes-- I had 2 RC sections. The section with the Louvre was experimental. It seems like a bunch of people had an experimental LR section (3 LR sections) broken down as LR LG LR LR RC.

Btw-- RC as the 5th section after 2 LR sections is brutal. Tough to power through that.

4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    @TheMikey dont lose your CANDOR bro. YOUR CANDOR IS IMPORTANT TO THE INTEGRATY OF THE JUDICIARY!

STTTTTOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

94 karma

@Victoria14 said:
    Did anyone else think the LG was stupid easy? Also did anyone else have a problem with one question?

Oh yeah--LG was real easy. If I recall correctly, I had most difficulty with the third game. The first two were a breeze

7 karma

@RJmazo14 said:

@Victoria14 said:
    Did anyone else think the LG was stupid easy? Also did anyone else have a problem with one question?

Oh yeah--LG was real easy. If I recall correctly, I had most difficulty with the third game. The first two were a breeze

The suspects/interview one?

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

Guys! Was the Venezuela and Uruguay game experimental???! Ordered by Jan feb n march

• kevin-1kevin-1 Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 9 karma

Does anyone who didn’t have experimental LR remember a question about investment in science and a healthy economy? It was the last one for me second of three LR sections and I’m wondering if that was the experimental. My order was LR, LG, LR, LR, RC

It was Question 25

• g00g00shg00g00sh Member
    edited September 2017 119 karma

Who is in Brooklyn and wants to meet out tonight? I need to talk about this test with someone who understands my pain...

• sdunlap1984sdunlap1984 Member
    33 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    The Judge's Opinions one was real. Astronomy is experimental.

@bswise2 said:
    I had 2 RC. One had a passage about astronomy and the other had a passage about judges' opinions. Anyone who can shed light on which was real would be very appreciated.

THANK GAWD. I did okay on the Astronomy one overall, but had a couple of questions I didn't know the answers to at all. I definitely feel better about the other one I had.

• kanikokaniko Free Trial Member
    17 karma

I think I may have found where they got the awful candor passage from..
    http://scholarship.law.marquette.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1181&context=facpub

• Summer17Summer17 Alum Member
    edited September 2017 125 karma

Really hoping the first section of LR was the experimental because I found it much harder than the other two, not entirely sure but I think the first section began with a question about drinking on campus. Can anyone confirm if this was the experimental section?

Can anyone confirm this, if the question about reducing drinking on campus was real or experm?

• alm_1129alm_1129 Free Trial Member
    20 karma

Hey everyone,

Had LR, LG, LR, LR, RC.

All the LR's were really hard for me :( I remember the 2nd LR section had a question (towards te end) about an artist who painted a self-portrait also painting a battle featuring aristocrats? I remember this one cause I was really tripped up on it. Does anyone else remember this?

It would be awesome if it were part of the experimental LR...

• g00g00shg00g00sh Member
    119 karma

@kaniko said:
    I think I may have found where they got the awful candor passage from..
    http://scholarship.law.marquette.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1181&context=facpub I found the other one!! It's by someone named Schwartzmann and was published by UVA press around 2007. Don't have the link at the moment, but I googled judicial candor utopian and it came up. It's made from the introduction to his book

• michael.mccune10michael.mccune10 Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 12 karma

I had 3 LR sections. I think we need to establish that the order of the the three LR sections isn't the same for all tests, so the exp. section could have been any one of the them (correct me if I'm wrong, just taking this from the discussion board). Based on the PT's from around 70 forward, I sensed a pattern of one 25Q LR and one 26Q LR. My test order was LR LG LR; LR RC, with the first two LR's being 25Q, the third 26Q. I'm thinking one of the 25Q sections was an exp., but what do I know?

Probably the best way to figure out which LR was exp is for test-takers who had 2 RC or 2 LG sections to ID as many LR Q's as possible. If you can remember which passage they were in, count that section as scored.

Can confirm that RC was Forests, Native Language/Radio, Judges from hell, and Grand Theory (Marx/Freud). LG was Machiavelli/Shakespeare Villians, Movies, Lunch Specials, and Witnesses.

Don't remember these LR Q's others have mentioned: joggers, dress code, lemurs, primates

• eagles111eagles111 Free Trial Member
    45 karma

Already signing up for December after a misread on the game

edited September 2017 12 karma

@alm_1129 said:
    Hey everyone,

Had LR, LG, LR, LR, RC.

All the LR's were really hard for me :( I remember the 2nd LR section had a question (towards te end) about an artist who painted a self-portrait also painting a battle featuring aristocrats? I remember this one cause I was really tripped up on it. Does anyone else remember this?

It would be awesome if it were part of the experimental LR..

--I had 3 LR sections and had self-portrait/battle Q as well. Can't remember what section though

• eagles111eagles111 Free Trial Member
    45 karma

How did people find it? I thoguht RC was doing alright until the third passage (dual) nothing easy but the dual one seemed hard to discern the stance; lots of disagreements over what each passage stood for :(

• 10bird__10bird__ Member
    80 karma

Did the real LG have sth about two authors and assigning chapters on plants? And also a game abt parkdale (??)

12 karma

@10bird__ said:
    Did the real LG have sth about two authors and assigning chapters on plants? And also a game abt parkdale (??)

I had only one 1 LG and didn't have those games

94 karma

@TheMikey said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@TheMikey said:

@LSATcantwin said:

yeah, totally possible.

did u start drinking yet

drinnnnnkkkkkkkk

Right there with ya bud. I figure about a week-long bender give or take then right back on the grind.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

Best part is when you feel pretty good about both LR's, feel like you went -0 in LG, and then have RC as the very last section and have it obliterate you. RIP.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@jackigoe said:
    Best part is when you feel pretty good about both LR's, feel like you went -0 in LG, and then have RC as the very last section and have it obliterate you. RIP.

Yeah, I much prefer June's approach of obliterating me on section one and leaving me to contemplate my life decisions for the next five sections. This was the worst...

• dingmilawendingmilawen Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 2 karma

I had LR, LG, LR, (break), LR, RC
    My first LR was legit.I screwed up the second LR. Does anyone know which section was the experimental one? If the second section was not the experimental, I am thinking to cancel my score. I remembered my first LR had 25 questions, the second LR had 26 questions with the last two pages containing 5-7 quesions.I don't remember how many questions were in the third LR section but I knew the last two pages contained only four questions.

• mark mccumbermark mccumber Alum Member
    58 karma

If you thought RC was hard you should of seen the experimental RC

• StrangerThanFiction175StrangerThanFiction175 Free Trial Member
    99 karma

@reflectionx said:
    There was an RC experimental passage about abstract thinking and primitive art. There was also an experimental passage on immunity to lawsuits. I have no memory of any passage mentioning the pyramids or the louvre or astronomy--are there multiple experimental versions?

This is what I'm wondering as well. I remember the pyramid and Louvre passage but I can't remember the other passages from that section for the life of me. Do you remember what the comparison passage was for your experimental section?