Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September 2017 LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• alm_1129alm_1129 Free Trial Member
    20 karma

@bklsat05 said:
    What about the LR with cars?

The one about selling their parts after 10 years? I remember this question but can't remember which section. I also had three LRs so I'm probably not being helpful haha. As more time passes, I just can't remember anything about the test anymore ...

• StrangerThanFiction175StrangerThanFiction175 Free Trial Member
    99 karma

Guys, I'm pretty sure I blacked out for the experimental RC section. My test was RC-LR-LG-RC-LR and my first section was the experimental section. I distinctly remember the pyramid passage, but I don't remember anything after that... The rest of the test I feel like I remember pretty well. I know it's just the experimental section but this is bugging me. Did anyone have the same sequence of sections and remember the other topics in the experimental section?

• mark mccumbermark mccumber Alum Member
    58 karma

Did anyone else think the LG was stupid easy? Also did anyone else have a problem with one question?

are you referring to question in LG sec?

• mark mccumbermark mccumber Alum Member
    58 karma

Can anyone confirm this, if the question about reducing drinking on campus was real or experm?

can confirm was real

• StrangerThanFiction175StrangerThanFiction175 Free Trial Member
    99 karma

@RJmazo14 said:
    I had RC LR LG RC LR. Was really hoping that the first RC was real, but turns out it was experimental. Judges passage and Freud/Marx passage were ridiculous. LG was pretty easy and LR was par for the course, if not a little harder.

Hopefully there's a decent curve, though doubtful considering June's RC was brutal, as well.

December's looking pretty nice right about now.

Sounds like you had the same format as me. Do you remember the other passages in the experimental section? I can't remember any other them for the life of me besides the pyramid/Louvre section. Lol I know it's just the experimental section but it's bugging the crap out of me.

• Cecilia ZCecilia Z Member
    144 karma

To those who finished the real LG section: what answers did you fill in? I only had time to do the first question, then i think I guessed Ds for the remaining 4 qs

• rene4231rene4231 Alum Member
    162 karma

ANYONE WITHOUT 3 LR SECTIONS: Do you recall a question about school implementing new rules to curve drinking on campus?

Please if anyone can answer this so I might be able to sleep tonight!!

@Summer17 said:

Really hoping the first section of LR was the experimental because I found it much harder than the other two, not entirely sure but I think the first section began with a question about drinking on campus. Can anyone confirm if this was the experimental section?

Can anyone confirm this, if the question about reducing drinking on campus was real or experm?

• AspiringAspiring Free Trial Member
    14 karma

@rene4231 said:
    ANYONE WITHOUT 3 LR SECTIONS: Do you recall a question about school implementing new rules to curve drinking on campus?

@Summer17 said:

Really hoping the first section of LR was the experimental because I found it much harder than the other two, not entirely sure but I think the first section began with a question about drinking on campus. Can anyone confirm if this was the experimental section?

I had 2 LRs and do not remember this question

• ppcoelho1ppcoelho1 Alum Member
    edited September 2017 156 karma

I'm not sure if i literally blacked out after the test, but none of these seem to ring a bell haha! Are tests administered abroad different than the ones in the US? If so, anyone else sit for the test in london??

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@rene4231 said:

@Summer17 said:

I've seen elsewhere that either your section one or section three was experimental (two different forms with different experimental sections). If that's true, my three was definitely real and I had this question in my section one. Which would mean it was experimental.

• shanedridershanedrider Alum Member
    156 karma

@rene4231 said:

@Summer17 said:

Only had 2 LR sections - I had the drinking question as well (I think it was the 1st question in the section.)

edited September 2017 756 karma

@shanedrider said:

@rene4231 said:

@Summer17 said:

Only had 2 LR sections - I had the drinking question as well (I think it was the 1st question in the section.)

Damn, that was my worst LR, guess there were three forms with the experimental being different in each one

• myk950myk950 Free Trial Member
    12 karma

Okay last time I'll post this but anyone who had only two LR sections:

Do you remember a question about Lemurs? It said it was useful to study primates like chimpanzees/gorillas or something. Only Lemurs were in Madagascar? Stated that some lemur species are diurnal (sleep during the night, basically opposite of nocturnal) and that high primates all evolved from this species of low primates.

Once again, I had LR LG LR LR RC, and this question was in the 2nd LR (3rd section overall). I think i bombed that 3rd section but did alright elsewhere so that's why i'm desperate haha. Thanks!!!

756 karma

@myk950 said:

Do you remember a question about Lemurs? It said it was useful to study primates like chimpanzees/gorillas or something. Only Lemurs were in Madagascar? Stated that some lemur species are diurnal (sleep during the night, basically opposite of nocturnal) and that high primates all evolved from this species of low primates.

Once again, I had LR LG LR LR RC, and this question was in the 2nd LR (3rd section overall). I think i bombed that 3rd section but did alright elsewhere so that's why i'm desperate haha. Thanks!!!

I had three and definitely didn't have that question

• shanedridershanedrider Alum Member
    156 karma

@myk950 said:

2 LR's and did not have that question.

• 10bird__10bird__ Member
    80 karma

@rene4231 said:

@Summer17 said:

Yeah I had 2 LRs and this was one of the first few problems

12 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@myk950 said:

I had three and definitely didn't have that question

Lol maybe that had more than 1 experimental section to LG then? I remember this question distinctly cuz it was the last question I was checking over, and I made sure to memorize it to check if it was experimental. All the details I wrote are definitely quite close to what the original question was.

Ugh it sucks having LR as an experimental cuz it's so hard to remember which question was from which

• g00g00shg00g00sh Member
    119 karma

@Kewlaidd said: I think that was experimental--people are referring to that as the country/cities game. Is that right? Someone else please confirm!

12 karma

@shanedrider said:

@myk950 said:

Thank you!!! Giving me hope!!!!

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@myk950 said:

its been confirmed that they rotated the experimental section btween s1 and s3. The lemurs was not in the real LR. I had 2 sections and do not recall that question.

@ryan_polk said:

@rene4231 said:

@Summer17 said:

I had 2 LRs and do not remember this question

I had 2 LR's and this was 100% included in a real section.

• JSigerson221JSigerson221 Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 8 karma

@myk950 said:

@shanedrider said:

@myk950 said:

Was the question a parallel question?

• JSigerson221JSigerson221 Free Trial Member
    8 karma

Was the lemur question in the same LR section as the drinking on campus question??

• jcylin93jcylin93 Alum Member
    13 karma

Anyone remember how many questions were in the Judicial Candor passage. Someone mentioned 9. Welp T-T. I thought there were 7.

@jcylin93 said:

Anyone remember how many questions were in the Judicial Candor passage. Someone mentioned 9. Welp T-T. I thought there were 7.

Couldn't have been nine. No section had less than six and I remember the first two had at least seven? At least I think, now you have me questioning that.

• alexandra.marlenealexandra.marlene Alum Member
    102 karma

I blacked out? I had 3 LR. Don't remember many specifics but I voted that it was like other LSATS and that I was well prepared. Some people I tested with already registered for December, I did not feel that way. I felt good. I did feel the logic games were easy - I balked when a girl in my room said she didn't know what 7sage was. "Say what now? How are you here?" Reading comp was on par, there were some funky LR questions but generally speaking it felt pretty standard issue. I tested at Lewis & Clark in Portland,OR and everything went smoothly. I came out of the site and my husband said I was one of the few who didn't look unhinged/suicidal - so....bonus.

• ritaelahadritaelahad Alum Member
    edited September 2017 24 karma

Did anyone that had 2 LR have 2 of the last five questions be parallel reasoning or was that experimental? I had LR25-LG-LR25-LR26-RC

• realitybbqrealitybbq Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Yup! I had 2 LG.

@rene4231 said:

@Summer17 said:

• jberger295jberger295 Free Trial Member
    76 karma

@samanthamortensen24 said:
    Ugh! Should it have been GQ or G----Q??

@famjad14 said:
    Don't know if I should cancel. The second LG game just didn't click for me bc of the GQ rule...I seriously thought there was a typo there bc it just didn't work out after I tried setting it up....don't know if that game will screw my section score

@famjad14 said:
    Don't know if I should cancel. The second LG game just didn't click for me bc of the GQ rule...I seriously thought there was a typo there bc it just didn't work out after I tried setting it up....don't know if that game will screw my section score

@famjad14 said:

@famjad14 said:

It was definitely GQ in my opinion, there was one question that required you to understand that you didn't necessarily have to see a Q after every G though.

• americandreameramericandreamer Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 21 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@jcylin93 said:

Couldn't have been nine. No section had less than six and I remember the first two had at least seven? At least I think, now you have me questioning that.

The Judicial Candor passage had 8 questions. The Marx/Freud had 6.

• Brie_CheyBrie_Chey Free Trial Member
    8 karma

I had two RC, I know what the real one was. But I cannot remember if it was the experimental that I well on or if it was the real one. My experimental had a passage about a woman being involved in some organization after WW!. If anyone could shed some light on other RC passage topics that would be great

• NorthernAtticusNorthernAtticus Alum Member
    edited September 2017 79 karma

EDIT: Disregard

12 karma

Was the question a parallel question?

It was a must be true / the statements above support which of the following question

edited September 2017 79 karma

Without going into detail, did anyone else find the second real logic game (restaurant food specials) --extremely-- easy? I'm starting to get concerned that I missed something and it's making me anxious.

• ritaelahadritaelahad Alum Member
    24 karma

is it possible that the first LR was the experimental or is the general consensus that it was the 2nd/3rd?

756 karma

@"alaric.taves" said:
    Without going into detail, did anyone else find the second real logic game (restaurant food specials) --extremely-- easy? I'm starting to get concerned that I missed something and it's making me anxious.

I thought so, I think most people's difficulty came in misinterpreting one of the rules based on what I've seen

• Bitcoin BuyerBitcoin Buyer Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 31 karma

@jberger295 said:

@famjad14 said:

@famjad14 said:

@famjad14 said:

@famjad14 said:

It was definitely GQ in my opinion, there was one question that required you to understand that you didn't necessarily have to see a Q after every G though.

@jberger295 said:

@famjad14 said:

@famjad14 said:

@famjad14 said:

@famjad14 said:

Now I'm worried about this game

79 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@"alaric.taves" said:

I thought so, I think most people's difficulty came in misinterpreting one of the rules based on what I've seen

That's what I'm getting too - some conversation in this thread just has me second guessing myself. The game just felt very unrestricted to me, even in comparison to the other games.

• IamrapidashIamrapidash Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 36 karma

Removed

• Bitcoin BuyerBitcoin Buyer Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 31 karma

Heart racing now haha

@"alaric.taves" said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@"alaric.taves" said:

That's what I'm getting too - some conversation in this thread just has me second guessing myself. The game just felt very unrestricted to me, even in comparison to the other games.

I know the feeling. This is a type of rule I've misinterpreted once before but I feel like the answers aligned too nicely for me to be wrong. I eliminated all other choices on each question which usually isn't possible when I misinterpret. If you thought it was easy, it probably was. Nothing you can do about it now anyway.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited September 2017 13286 karma

Ignore

• RandomLsatRandomLsat Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Does anyone remember the repressors and sensitizers question on LR? I had 3 LR sections and am having a hard time figuring out which one was experimental. Anyone who had LG/RC experimental able to confirm whether they had this question?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited September 2017 13286 karma

Ignore

756 karma

M> @mm2373 said:

Does anyone remember the repressors and sensitizers question on LR? I had 3 LR sections and am having a hard time figuring out which one was experimental. Anyone who had LG/RC experimental able to confirm whether they had this question?

Does not ring a bell, likely experimental.

• Socrat3sSocrat3s Alum Member
    92 karma

I had a question about collecting data and then correcting the data and how that connects to some random scientist's theory. It made no sense at all but overall the section it was in was easy (I had LR LG LR LR RC). I think the LR section talking about Shakespeare learning from Latin translation of an ancient Greek play was the toughest for me...does anyone remember a question like that?

• SethDCorleySethDCorley Alum Member
    57 karma

Just gonna throw this out there. After 2 and a half months of not drinking for the "boot camp" stage of my preparation, I grabbed a Guinness pretty much immediately after my test. And it was the best thing I've ever tasted. I let like a baby who rediscovered milk.

• jaolson28jaolson28 Alum Member
    13 karma

@BillGreenpoint said:
    I've never 100% finished an LG section and been secure with my answers within the given time. Until today. So, that's both a small victory for me and a testament to the level of difficulty (or lack of difficulty) of the LG section.

Yeah, logic games was always easily my worst section. Which is why I found it funny that I was thinking to myself on the way home, "Maybe the games bailed out my shitty RC score."

• maithilibagmaithilibag Member
    31 karma

Did anyone take the Asia/International test? I wanted to confirm what were the experimental sections? I had two RCs and one of them destroyed me.

• MindshadowMindshadow Alum Member
    6 karma

I'm Asia test taker, my test order is LG RC LR RC LR, have 2 RCs. Remember that the first RC have the last passage of astronomy and have the AB passage of international law. For the 2nd RC, have the AB passage of physics and chemistry and the first passage is about the writing of feminism. Can anyone confirm that which one is experimental. Thank you.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited September 2017 9372 karma

@Mindshadow said:
    I'm Asia test taker, my test order is LG RC LR RC LR, have 2 RCs. Remember that the first RC have the last passage of astronomy and have the AB passage of international law. For the 2nd RC, have the AB passage of physics and chemistry and the first passage is about the writing of feminism. Can anyone confirm that which one is experimental. Thank you.

The 2nd RC is the real one according to a post on TLS Forum. But I think the 2nd one started with a passage on African textile if I'm not mistaken.