Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video Recordings?

mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
edited September 2017 in General 631 karma

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been posted previously but I wasn't able to find any threads relating to actual video recordings of people taking timed LSATs. I do know they exist, as I've seen people referring to those in the past on the 7sage discussion board. I'm at the point in my studying where it would be super beneficial to watch a top scorer go through the test and see their timing strategy.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Mo ZubairMo Zubair Alum Member
    391 karma

Check PT 61 in curriculum.

• mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    631 karma

Thanks @"Mo Zubair", this is exactly what I was looking for!
    Do you know if there are more anywhere else? @"Dillon A. Wright" might know as well?

Thanks to both :)

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited September 2017 9377 karma

There are actually many, but I don't know what is and is not included in the Ultimate package, so I recommend that you use Ctrl + F and search "Live Commentary" on your Syllabus page.

For LG Live Commentary, I think those are on the separate explanation pages.

631 karma

Thanks @akistotle - looks like I only have 61 and 81.
    How many are included in your Ultimate +?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@mcmlaw36 said:
    Thanks @akistotle - looks like I only have 61 and 81.
    How many are included in your Ultimate +?

I have PT37, 49, 61, 68, 78, 79, 80, and 81.

LG Video Explanations have Live Commentary videos as well (such as PT1-4, 23, 35, and 37).

631 karma

Thanks for the help @akistotle. When I did a search, those PT's didn't come up but I now see that I have those too. Perfect!!

• Gavman04Gavman04 Member
    7 karma

Thank God

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

i've recorded several of my LG and am not recording LR as well. the learning process takes much longer than just typical BR because it involves rewatching the entire section more than once, but it's really helpful to making your timing/diagramming errors obvious. i think most of us can understand the theory behind timing, skipping, diagramming and various other strategies quickly... but the lag between understanding and implementation can be grueling. I think watching the recordings may help speed it up.

• Mo ZubairMo Zubair Alum Member
    391 karma

@jkatz1488 I know this has been asked million times, but do you mind sharing your setup to record yourself while taking test? Thanks.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

after transferring all of my pictures and deleting all unnecessary apps off of my iphone and ipad, i needed both to record because there wasn't enough space on either to do the full test. Even still i could only do the 4 graded sections.

I use this for my iphone https://www.amazon.com/Aduro-Solid-Grip-Adjustable-Universal-Smartphone/dp/B01HDZJ1WM/ref=pd_sim_107_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01HDZJ1WM&pd_rd_r=F535K3R564E1FB0M4K2S&pd_rd_w=JMF9R&pd_rd_wg=r97FB&psc=1&refRID=F535K3R564E1FB0M4K2S

and my ipad is jerry-rigged depending on where i am. most recently i was at the library and used some random books and the iphone mount above to keep it in place.

Each section at 720p is about 4gb of space.