Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brain Supplements

Erika123Erika123 Member
edited December 2014 in General 233 karma
Does anyone use brain supplements? Alpha Brain or Happy Calm Focus

Comments

• pjanderson5pjanderson5 Free Trial Member
    238 karma
    Just eat healthy, exercise, and drink a ton of water!
  • SoCal JaporeanSoCal Japorean Free Trial Member
    147 karma
    by Alpha brain, do you mean L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine?
  • rkwrightrkwright Free Trial Member
    edited December 2014 19 karma
    So, I don't usually comment on these things, but as someone who has researched nootropics (I am not a doctor) I thought I'd give you my opinion:

These drugs / minerals / vitamins do nothing that exercise and eating healthy meals won't also do for you. You will see greater increases in memory and mental stamina by taking part in an exercise regimen than you will by taking any pill.

Unfortunately, life isn't Limitless, where we can take one ingredient and make our brain function to its ultimate potential.

Also, remember that you're playing around with your neurochemistry. Most of these drugs have not gone through long-term studies. Playing with your brain chemistry for the LSAT has a potentially high risk, with potentially zero reward.

Even if you do find that Alpha Brain, Piracetam, etc work for you in the short term, you will develop a tolerance for it, and become psychologically if not physically dependent on it. Remember: homeostasis always wins out in the end.

Eat better, sleep better, exercise more (both cardio and weights) and you will maximize your brain's potential.

• 55 karma
    As a medical coder I see a lot of adverse events (serious and non-serious) that are attributed to a variety of medications. My role has taught me that unless you have to take it - don't because the negative possibilities are truly endless. I think the cliche - "your body is a temple" is something to really keep in mind. When studying for the LSAT, and working and etc. it is easy to lose sight of the most important things in life - health, happiness, etc. So I agree with @Bald_Eagle - run away from those pills and look for a more permanent solution - even if it requires some extra work :)
  • Erika123Erika123 Member
    233 karma
    Thanks for the insight :) You guys are the best!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    310 karma
    LOL @ alphabrain and shroomtech. You listen to Joe Rogan 2 much.