Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practising habit without burning PTs

louis2014louis2014 Alum Member
edited December 2014 in General 190 karma
I want to establish a practising habit. I know that later on I will be doing proctored PTs with BR, and this will be on PTs of 38+. Apart from that, when am I to do timed questions?

Let's say I am studying inference, after reading the theory, I will be doing inference questions from LSAT (1-38). Do you advise of doing these ones timed or not timed? I was initially thinking of doing them not timed to digest the concept well. What if after doing that, I find myself to be very bad with timing? Also when do you advice of doing full sections instead of categorized sections? and will that be timed or not timed?

I don't want to burn precious questions.

Many thanks

Comments

• JudyyyyyJudyyyyy Alum Member
    136 karma
    I think that is the great thing about the Blind Review method. You can approach the questions and lets say ..." kill two birds with one stone?"

The first time around you practice timed sections. During this step you will see how the time pressure affects your ability to think and how you tend to approach different types of questions. This will be helpful after applying the second step.

The second time around, before checking your answers, you go through every single question again. Try your best to get them all right, this is the time where you try to apply the theory to practice without the extra anxiety of the ticking time looming in the back of your mind. [i like to do this in a different color - perhaps blue, so I can correct the answers in red]

So at the end when you realize that your blue circled answers were correct over the ones you circled in pencil - then you can think back to the first step. What made you choose it incorrectly? How should you better apply the theory to the question next time around, etc etc...

When you are first starting out, you don't have to do full sections - just timing yourself doing 10 LR questions in 10 minutes should still allow you to see how time affects your mentality when approaching the question.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    didnt read all of above post but seems to be saying what I generally do. Especially with my PT's, do them timed and BR the entire test as if doing untimed. but 7sage has their sets like 10 questions in like 15min so you can split up drills like that if you want. Timed drills are not a bad thing and can only help ya
  • louis2014louis2014 Alum Member
    190 karma
    That sounds great :) I was thinking of using BR only with full PT. But it makes more sense to use it from day as you said. Thank you very much @Judy Kang @jdawg113