Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Telling a law school where you are applying?

Hey everyone,

So I just started filling out the basic material on my first law school application and one of the options was to inform which schools I plan on applying to. Is this a trick? Should I put them all on, or not? I have no idea if it's a good move communicating your interest in other schools, especially because this is my number one choice.

Tell them, or no?
  1. Do I tell them or no?22 votes
    1. Yes! Of course, put them all down.
      36.36%
    2. Nope, only put a few.
      45.45%
    3. PUT NONE
      18.18%

Comments

• NicholasDayNicholasDay Alum Member
    86 karma

I feel that these types of questions are "feeler" questions for the Law Schools to gauge the seriousness of your application. This could determine things like scholarship money. If I were you, I would put down schools with similarities. For instance, if you were applying at say both North Dakota State and Harvard, don't tell NDSU that you are applying at Harvard. They could not take your application seriously and not offer you as good of a deal as they would have otherwise.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

They aren't to trick you. I'd just be forward and answer honestly. And if you're worried about schools not taking you seriously, then write a "WHY X" essay for each school you are serious about attending.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

They just want to know who they're up against in fighting over you :D

Just be honest and says the schools, because honestly if they really wanted to, I'm sure they could find out anyways.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

I answered fully and honestly. After I turned in that application though, my interests may have broadened a little.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Good question!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Interesting...maybe I'll apply to one of those "as seen on T.V." schools and list Hogwarts to see if they pay attention. I hadn't even thought about this...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0a/41/0e/0a410e3a4f03610eed0dbbbcd2f0a3db--book-tattoo-harry-potter-hogwarts.jpg