Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not to be dramatic but

FutureSportsLawyerFutureSportsLawyer Alum Member
in General 109 karma

The LSAT makes me hate myself. That is all.

Comments

• Hamaseh_SHamaseh_S Alum Member
    436 karma

LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Hahahahahaha!!

• 60 karma

We are on the same page then!! Today was one of those days that I spent thinking if I had enough time to get ready for the December LSAT or not, and what were my consequences of not getting ready for the LSAT lol. It stresses me out so much!?

• FutureSportsLawyerFutureSportsLawyer Alum Member
    109 karma

@WillGetThisLSAT said:
    We are on the same page then!! Today was one of those days that I spent thinking if I had enough time to get ready for the December LSAT or not, and what were my consequences of not getting ready for the LSAT lol. It stresses me out so much!?

I was having those exact thoughts after my PT yesterday. This test makes my brain ache. Why must we suffer!?

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

the LSAT has made me hate myself and doubt every inch of my existence for more than a year and a half now. but I can tell you as time goes on, you will start to give less and less fucks about how the LSAT makes you feel and you will just focus on getting where you want to be and not letting some silly multiple choice test rule your feelings.

fight on!!

• kshutes13kshutes13 Member
    634 karma

Gets 5/5 on the first 5 LR drills

Wow, I'm so damn smart. I'm on top of the world. Nothing can bring me down. I can get into the law school of my dreams

Gets 0/5 on the next 8 LR drills

I hate my life. I'm the dumbest person in the world, screw you mom, my life is a lie

• Res JudicataRes Judicata Member
    13 karma

You guys are looking at this all wrong. Is this stressful? Maybe, but it's not the test, it's the meaning and implications of it's effect in your life that make it stressful. I actually enjoy it because of my perspective of it. Consider through review of this course all the new ways you are learning how to annihilate arguments and reasoning structure, these things can practically be applied to real life situations. Logic games will also help you when it comes to scheduling vacations and things on vacation, I kid you not. I make a grid for my days on vacation and separate my days by afternoon and evening's to choose what I need to do while leaving activities that are floaters for the available spots. My mom and fiance take pictures of the grid and laugh about it because we can always reference what we are doing next on a trip lol. I paid for the full course and will be taking the LSAT a second time, I am 28 years old about to be 29 with a fiance, full time job, and running a car club of 400 members. I promise you, this is not a one shot deal. You have plenty of time to make your way into the field of law.

Take a deep breath and look at the positives because they will be there.

• vanillamochivanillamochi Member
    37 karma

If it's super stressful to you right now, it is essential that you pinpoint exactly why. While I was confident enough going into the September test, I realised after it was over that I simply did not have the right timing or sharpness under pressure despite scoring well into the 160s during PTs.

This is coming from someone who, despite having general anxiety, was not super nervous months before or weeks before the test. You can slay PTs all day, but unless you have a really routine way of taking the test in terms of how you answer questions methodically and in which order and are super strict about always using bubble sheets, never checking your phone between sections or during the 'break', etc. it will be very hard for you to do your best on the day of.

Think about how much time you have set aside for studying, simulating and strategising. Reflect on whether it is realistic for you to write your best in December, once things like work and a social life (if you still have one, which I do not!! Haha) are factored in. Some people need social interaction to survive and yes, it is good to be balanced, but you determine what balanced is for you to stay sane.

Think about what you need to feel content on a day to day basis. Then think about the manners in which the LSAT has taken away from those things or made happiness harder to maintain. It may boil down to the fact that you're neglecting another important aspect of your life and if you are, I recommend that you draw your studying out a little longer so you are better able to balance everything.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

@vanillamochi said:
    If it's super stressful to you right now, it is essential that you pinpoint exactly why. While I was confident enough going into the September test, I realised after it was over that I simply did not have the right timing or sharpness under pressure despite scoring well into the 160s during PTs.

This is coming from someone who, despite having general anxiety, was not super nervous months before or weeks before the test. You can slay PTs all day, but unless you have a really routine way of taking the test in terms of how you answer questions methodically and in which order and are super strict about always using bubble sheets, never checking your phone between sections or during the 'break', etc. it will be very hard for you to do your best on the day of.

Think about how much time you have set aside for studying, simulating and strategising. Reflect on whether it is realistic for you to write your best in December, once things like work and a social life (if you still have one, which I do not!! Haha) are factored in. Some people need social interaction to survive and yes, it is good to be balanced, but you determine what balanced is for you to stay sane.

Think about what you need to feel content on a day to day basis. Then think about the manners in which the LSAT has taken away from those things or made happiness harder to maintain. It may boil down to the fact that you're neglecting another important aspect of your life and if you are, I recommend that you draw your studying out a little longer so you are better able to balance everything.

Thinking about what you said regarding phone/ social interaction ~ I have found the deleting my social media for the last month has been absolutely key to focusing and doing better on the exam!

• sarahmelton6sarahmelton6 Alum Member
    169 karma

@FutureSportsLawyer said:
    The LSAT makes me hate myself. That is all.

You too?

• AidoeAidoe Free Trial Member
    236 karma

Just think of how you could’ve blithely gone through life thinking you’re the shit only to be wrong. To me, that’s enough to make me appreciate the test because otherwise I’d be in a worse position, regardless of how much better I would’ve felt about myself. Besides, the LSAT is just one of many challenges you’ll have to overcome, and nobody said improving yourself is an easy task. Just realize plenty of people struggle and have to overcome just as much so don’t make things too personal and just focus on the work.

• kshutes13kshutes13 Member
    634 karma

@"Res Judicata" said:
    You guys are looking at this all wrong. Is this stressful? Maybe, but it's not the test, it's the meaning and implications of it's effect in your life that make it stressful. I actually enjoy it because of my perspective of it. Consider through review of this course all the new ways you are learning how to annihilate arguments and reasoning structure, these things can practically be applied to real life situations. Logic games will also help you when it comes to scheduling vacations and things on vacation, I kid you not. I make a grid for my days on vacation and separate my days by afternoon and evening's to choose what I need to do while leaving activities that are floaters for the available spots. My mom and fiance take pictures of the grid and laugh about it because we can always reference what we are doing next on a trip lol. I paid for the full course and will be taking the LSAT a second time, I am 28 years old about to be 29 with a fiance, full time job, and running a car club of 400 members. I promise you, this is not a one shot deal. You have plenty of time to make your way into the field of law.

Take a deep breath and look at the positives because they will be there.

Thanks for this. I really needed to hear it. I had a full blown meltdown yesterday but your comment really helped to put things into perspective, especially the "implications of its effects in your life" making the LSAT more stressful than it actually is. Sometimes I think that the only reason I am getting upset with the LSAT is because I think I'm a decently smart person and the LSAT makes me feel so stupid. Realistically, it's not the LSAT that's stressful - it's the way it hurts my ego!! lol

• extramediumextramedium Alum Member
    419 karma

Don't attach yourself self-worth to your scores. If you do horrible on the LSAT, just find another well-paying career that you think you'd be good at. I'm about to start more coding classes as soon as I finish the December test in case something happens and I end up with a lower paying job than I expected. I'm probably going to test out a creative endeavor as well.

Hopefully everything works out. Many times it doesn't. Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst, and if you fail, do not take it out on yourself. View it as a lesson and incorporate whatever knowledge you gained about yourself or why you failed into your future endeavors.

Failure sucks, but giving up on everything makes life much much worse. Put everything you have into this. If you have a bad day, get up and go at it even harder the next day.

Taking days and weeks off for breaks will not help. I generally take a day off after a PT or on the Lord's day, but that's about it, and it's worked out well. Good luck!