Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm BRing and I am identifying Over and underconfidence issues in LR! Great!..NOW WHAT?

Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
in General 429 karma

So, I was drilling some LR questions by type (MSS, SA, MBT) and there were a few answers that I was just under confidant on. I was then was wondering well what do I do what this information? I also noticed that a few answers I blind reviewed and changed answers were wrong and the original answer I picked was correct. How can I use this information to improve? In other words, what is the purpose/benefit of identifying over/under confidence?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Brazil020511 said:
    So, I was drilling some LR questions by type (MSS, SA, MBT) and there were a few answers that I was just under confidant on. I was then was wondering well what do I do what this information? I also noticed that a few answers I blind reviewed and changed answers were wrong and the original answer I picked was correct. How can I use this information to improve? In other words, what is the purpose/benefit of identifying over/under confidence?

For me, it just means next time I take an LR section and encounter those question types that I am going to be more aggressive. When I reviewed recordings in conjunction with my BR data, it became apparent that I was way under confident on main point and SA/NA questions. On my next PT when I got to an SA/NA/MP question, I would circle my answer and move on without double checking or spending too much time on it. Because of this, I was able to bank something 2-2.5ish minutes extra per section.