Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jumped from 161 to 170!

kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
in General 1617 karma

Just wanted to give some hope for other people. Today I took my first timed PT in about a month (I've already FP LG and am now drilling LR). A month ago I got a 161; today - 170! It was PT59, which as far as I know may be the easiest PT ever and my score may drop back down to 160 next week.

Fool proofing works. I got a -1 on LG (granted, there were no odd ones). I'm now going to drill LR even harder. Somehow I have to get my RC up, so if you have any advice please share! I'm shooting for a 170+ in December, and with two months to go it's looking like I might actually have a decent shot.

Comments

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Congratulations!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Woo! Did you get the little 7Sage pop-up from J.Y. and his team?

http://media0.giphy.com/media/MOWPkhRAUbR7i/giphy.gif

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Awesome! That makes me so happy to hear! I'm not sure 59 is that easy. I took 58 last month and thought that was the easiest because I got my highest PT score to date on it. So make sure you don't diminish your success! Be proud!

As far as RC goes, what types of issues are you running into? Many times I feel like people dedicate a ton of time to both LG and LR, but don't seriously prep when it comes to RC. Many people I think just need to take the time to develop and practice strategies that work for them.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

nice!!!

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

For RC reading super boring articles on economist and scientific american ~ congrats!!!!!! :)

• vanillamochivanillamochi Member
    37 karma

Congrats on the jump!

I have been studying for a few months already and have done around 25 PTs so far. My RC score is pretty inconsistent in that I'll go from 23 to like, 19 without feeling like I really approached the section differently from a mental standpoint.

One thing that helped was a bit of a refresher from ILoveLSAT. Search "It's Hammer Time ILoveLSAT" and you'll find an online lesson that may help the way you mark your passages. Her method is pretty simple and I prefer it to the Powerscore method, which I find way more time-consuming. She also shifts your focus from what you think you need to know/be looking for to score high to aspects that are more concrete to focus on.

• Clementine_ESClementine_ES Free Trial Member
    59 karma

congrats! that's a big jump. I am at 160ish plateau, and would love to follow in your footsteps. Question, when you say drill LR, are you doing groups of the same types of LR questions, or are you drilling full timed sections? I haven't drilled LR question types that much and I am wondering if I should do that rather than doing full timed sections, what's your opinion @kimmy_m66 ? I am writing in December as well, wanting to get a 165. Good luck to you, seems like your goal score is well within reach!

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

@vanillamochi yeah I've been going through the PS trilogy along with 7sage, so I'll look up the other method as well! I could also probably use a refresher on 7sage's approach

@Clementine_ES Honestly I've been taking untimed full sections while going through the Power score LR bible. By taking the sections untimed, I'm really able to mark up and make sure I think my answer is correct. It probably takes 45 minutes per section, but today during a timed section I didn't have trouble finishing on time. It's basically like doing BR, but without actually attempting the section. As I get closer to the exam, I'm going to add on timed sections. But for now I'm doing at least one untimed a day. But there also isn't a specific question type that has stuck out to me

@ everyone else, thanks for the congratulations! This has motivated me beyond what I could have even imagined; I'm now ready to hit RC and LR harder than ever

• Clementine_ESClementine_ES Free Trial Member
    59 karma

@kimmy_m66 Thanks for your feedback. I have the PS LR bible but haven't used it much, maybe I will take another look.

• Marco AntonioMarco Antonio Alum Member
    199 karma

You're a legend!! You give me hope because I just got a 162 two days ago (my highest score to date) and I want to be able to get a 170+ by December. I'm seriously so happy for you and I'm glad to be a part of the 7sage community because stories like that are seriously inspiring. Good luck on the rest of your prep!!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

You rock!

• jennw065jennw065 Member
    72 karma

Congratulation!

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

Congrats!

• The NoodleyThe Noodley Alum Member
    662 karma

Congrats!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Yay!! Congrats!!

• Nunuboy1994Nunuboy1994 Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Nice! * Drake-jumpman playing in the background

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited October 2017 10774 karma

Yaaay! Congratulations!

Keep up the good work and keep building consistency and you will be all set for December. :smiley:

• flashgrayflashgray Alum Member
    14 karma

way to go