Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, Grey Day Next Wednesday? What do we think?

Gary NYCGary NYC Free Trial Member
in General 95 karma

So when do we think grey day will be? Will there be any delays with the hurricanes? Any idea?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I think everyone so far is set on Thursday being the day of release....There’s no earthly way of knowing....

Which direction we are going
    There’s no knowing where we’re rowing
    Or which way the river’s flowing
    Is it raining, is it snowing
    Is a hurricane a-blowing
    Not a speck of light is showing
    So the danger must be growing
    Are the fires of Hell a-glowing
    Is the grisly reaper mowing
    Yes, the danger must be growing
    For the rowers keep on rowing
    And they’re certainly not showing
    Any signs that they are slowing

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8fcinfzZT1r76lino1_400.gif

• Gary NYCGary NYC Free Trial Member
    95 karma

They haven't released a test on the actual day they project in years.. I think it'll be next tues or wed, the latter being more likely.

13286 karma

@"Gary NYC" said:
    They haven't released a test on the actual day they project in years.. I think it'll be next tues or wed, the latter being more likely.

I mean if they delay it a day we get our scores on...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/U44gGtELYRs/maxresdefault.jpg

It's really impossible to know though

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

@LSATcantwin great work

All the "experts" are saying it'll be the 12th. Who knows? It'll be what it'll be.

13286 karma

@AllezAllez21 said:
    @LSATcantwin great work

All the "experts" are saying it'll be the 12th. Who knows? It'll be what it'll be.

This is how I'm staying some what sane while I wait....posting mildly funny/annoying gifs on 7Sage.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Gary NYC" said:

I mean if they delay it a day we get our scores on...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/U44gGtELYRs/maxresdefault.jpg

It's really impossible to know though

lol this gif made me laugh and it looks pretty bad when I think about how unlucky Friday the 13th is known to be.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

I'd really like it to be Friday just so I can write an addendum that says, "I got the score on Friday the 13th, in October no less, what did you expect!?"

I planned a road trip for next week both to visit schools and to avoid the temptation to hit refresh all day everyday

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

who knows. I'm going to start checking LSAC probably Monday though since they can potentially release them early

• Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member
    224 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:
    I'd really like it to be Friday just so I can write an addendum that says, "I got the score on Friday the 13th, in October no less, what did you expect!?"

Hahaa .. great idea for an addendum! I actually don't want to see the score. Oblivion is a blessing

13286 karma

@Hannah56 said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

Hahaa .. great idea for an addendum! I actually don't want to see the score. Oblivion is a blessing

The more time goes on. The more I want to forward the E-mail to trash and just apply to schools without looking and see what happens...lol

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

I have pretty much resigned myself to not caring and just go hard for the Feb test.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

Never been so scared in my life

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:

Being scared over something you can't control will not help you, at all. Release your fear, accept that a score is forthcoming... and do some yoga.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LCMama2017 said:

@"Paul Caint" said:

Being scared over something you can't control will not help you, at all. Release your fear, accept that a score is forthcoming... and do some yoga.

Ain't this the truth!! Good advice, LCmama!

• The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma

Crazy to realize that my test is likely already graded. Now just a matter of waiting it out

13286 karma

@LCMama2017 said:

@"Paul Caint" said:

Since I have a Darth Vader picture I feel obliged to say something like...

Embrace the fear @"Paul Caint" it is the path to the dark side...

• johanna586johanna586 Alum Member
    202 karma

A couple of friends/co-workers just found out they passed the PA bar and I'm SO JEALOUS that they have results! (though granted they've been waiting since July...)

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

I think it's safe to say it will likely be Thursday verses any other day. There has just been too much lsac chaos. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was Friday!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Sorry to detract but hey @LSATcantwin did you hear that the last jedi trailer will come out on the 12th of october!! So whether you did good or bad, there is something else to look forward to.

13286 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    Sorry to detract but hey @LSATcantwin did you hear that the last jedi trailer will come out on the 12th of october!! So whether you did good or bad, there is something else to look forward to.

Yep! Really excited for it!

4196 karma

I am still going to obsessively refresh the LSAC site starting Monday in the afternoon :D

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@"Gary NYC" said:

Zero percent chance it'll be before Wednesday. I'd say 20 percent Wednesday, 70 percent Thursday and 10 percent later. June test was one day early with no extenuating circumstances, add two massive hurricanes and late testing to the equation and you get a late release.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:

@"Gary NYC" said:

Zero percent chance it'll be before Wednesday. I'd say 20 percent Wednesday, 70 percent Thursday and 10 percent later. June test was one day early with no extenuating circumstances, add two massive hurricanes and late testing to the equation and you get a late release.

Not entirely true. I'd say the fact scores came out like a day or two after the July 4th weekend meant it was a tough sell they'd release early. Definitely an extenuating circumstance. But you're still probably right that that won't be released before Thursday.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@Mitchell-1 Point taken, the 4th may have been a factor. Although if I'm not mistaken scores have been released on holiday weekends before, so probably a minor factor.
    Regardless, I think I'm going to wait to start obsessively watching my lsac account until Wednesday. Or monday. Damn my weekness, i'm going there now...

3521 karma

I KNOW YALL SAY DON'T BE SCARED BUT IM STILL SCARED D:

13286 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    I KNOW YALL SAY DON'T BE SCARED BUT IM STILL SCARED D:

Yes, join me and together we shall rule the galaxy! And yeah I'm terrified, I got way below my average test score for sure.

• KillmongerKillmonger Alum Member
    edited October 2017 332 karma

I was fine until i read this discussion. Ugh. I knew i shouldn't have opened this one
    -________-

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Do you get an email with your score or letting you know the score is up, or do you just have to visit the website to check?

4196 karma

@Kayyyyyyy said:
    Do you get an email with your score or letting you know the score is up, or do you just have to visit the website to check?

you get an email with your score. your score goes up on your LSAC account first though, and the email can be almost immediately after or way later.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@Kayyyyyyy said:

The first indication that you are going to receive your score that day is that the icon on the LSAC under the LSAC website under the LSAT tab under LSAT Status next to your test date turns from green to grey. If it is grey day, then this should happen by about 4.

Then you wait for an email unless you want to constantly refresh the LSAC page. I'm not sure which would technically get you your score first (but the email may take some time to arrive). I first saw my score through my email. People occasionally miss these when they wind up in clutter or spam so you can always check those folders or just refresh on the main website, but mine was just in my inbox. Since the email is unofficial and you might want to know what sections you made your mistakes in I would then go back to the LSAC website and click the no longer grey button which will be a pdf symbol and download the pdf under item-response report.

If they keep the same naming convention from when I took the February test our email should have the subject line "Your September 2017 LSAT Score" and be sent from "LSACSCORE@lsac.org". Mine came at 4:59 pm, but they release scores in batches so it can very widely from anytime after the icon turns grey to as late as midnight.

May the odds be ever in our favor!

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

I encourage others to not start checking until Wednesday. Go do something fun on Monday and Tuesday. The chances are so slim. You can't do anything to change the score now. I'm sure you will hear from someone if grey day is early, let them obsess.

3521 karma

@LSATcantwin hold me

4196 karma

I'm like not even excited at all to know my score (rolling eyes emoji). I know I bombed RC and will be retaking either way, even started studying again so they can keep my damn sept score