Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Former 7 Sager checking in

combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
in General 652 karma

Good evening all,

A year ago, I was just like all of you, preparing to take what I thought was the biggest test of my life. Well I'm on the other side now at the University of Chicago and I have to say, it is all worth it.

Once you get to law school, you'll begin to feel the rewards for your effort and it is one of the greatest feelings ever. There will certainly be challenges. For instance, I love the material I am learning but I question how some of my classmates got into this school, on daily basis. With that said, I would not trade this away for anything in the world. Because of what I learned through 7sage and other materials, I get to live my dream. Remember, take your time and do the work because you will be glad you did later.

Comments

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

This is great! Thanks for checking in! Chicago is one of my goal schools ... feel free to share any insights pits/peaks about your experiences there. Would love to hear more!

Thanks for the encouragement

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@combsni said:
    Good evening all,

A year ago, I was just like all of you, preparing to take what I thought was the biggest test of my life. Well I'm on the other side now at the University of Chicago and I have to say, it is all worth it.

Once you get to law school, you'll begin to feel the rewards for your effort and it is one of the greatest feelings ever. There will certainly be challenges. For instance, I love the material I am learning but I question how some of my classmates got into this school, on daily basis. With that said, I would not trade this away for anything in the world. Because of what I learned through 7sage and other materials, I get to live my dream. Remember, take your time and do the work because you will be glad you did later.

Congrats, @combsni.

I think that's all super helpful advice. I definitely remember seeing you around the forum last year for sure. Chi-town, especially where the law school is located, is one of my favorite cities. Definitely an amazing school choice!

I'm curious why you question how some of your classmates got into [your] school though?

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Chicago is a great school, great job on getting there! :)

• 474 karma

I'm happy everything going well for you. Hard work always pays off. Thank you for the helpful advice. Good luck in your semester at university of chicago law school.

• combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma

@"Alex Divine" it's just some of the things people say.
    They seem so off-the-wall at times.

3679 karma

@combsni said:

I was wondering the same. What is off-the-wall?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@combsni said:

Haha! :mrgreen: Ahh! I'm sure there are a few nuts at every law school, lol.

Anyways, happy to hear from you, buddy. I hope the rest of 1L goes swell for ya!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

An acquiantance told me that in her law school class, there was one guy who would mutter idiot when someone would respond to a cold call. Unsurprisingly, he is often alienated by the rest of the class. Hopefully, you arent that kind of guy haha

• jennw065jennw065 Member
    72 karma

Congratulations! Thank you for the advice and words of encouragement. I get so wrapped up in studying and my anxiety for this test, I forget I am working towards a goal.

3679 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    An acquiantance told me that in her law school class, there was one guy who would mutter idiot when someone would respond to a cold call. Unsurprisingly, he is often alienated by the rest of the class. Hopefully, you arent that kind of guy haha

haha! yikes what a jerk lol

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:

LOL! @tringo335 already said what I was thinking: "Yikes what a jerk"

• combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma

@alexdivine @tringo335 people are just completely off sometimes, when it comes to the rule or even issue of a case. I know people aren't idiots because this is a really good school but not everyone here is necessarily cut out for law school. There is a guy who sits right next to me that makes a comment when a specific person says something in legal writing. I just occasionally roll my eyes

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@combsni said:
    @alexdivine @tringo335 people are just completely off sometimes, when it comes to the rule or even issue of a case. I know people aren't idiots because this is a really good school but not everyone here is necessarily cut out for law school. There is a guy who sits right next to me that makes a comment when a specific person says something in legal writing. I just occasionally roll my eyes

HAHA! I figured that's what you meant buddy. I guess there's always going to a few loons who don't belong ... Just enjoy being at such a great school :)

Congrats again, brother.