Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to start Fool Proofing LG?

tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
in Logic Games 3679 karma

I'm 70% complete with the CC and on the LG section. Should I use these lessons to just learn Logic Games or should I start fool proofing the practice problems JY has listed in the lessons now? For some reason I got the impression that Fool Proofing should be saved for after the CC is completed and when you start PT-ing...

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@tringo335 said:
    Should I use these lessons to just learn Logic Games or should I start fool proofing the practice problems JY has listed in the lessons now?

I started fool proofing the games I had troubles with while I was on the LG section of the CC. So when I completed the CC, I basically mastered the most common game types.

But that wasn’t enough, so I fool proofed all the games in the LG Bundle (PT1-35) after finishing the CC as well.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

@tringo335 said:
    I'm 70% complete with the CC and on the LG section. Should I use these lessons to just learn Logic Games or should I start fool proofing the practice problems JY has listed in the lessons now? For some reason I got the impression that Fool Proofing should be saved for after the CC is completed and when you start PT-ing...

I did basically what @akistotle did.

I fool proofed the games in the CC. This gave me a super strong LG foundation. After finishing the CC, then I began fool proofing the bundle in tandem with my PT'ing. However, if you take a PT and realize your LG is suffering at a rate disproportional to your other sections, I think it may be helpful to stop PT'ing and work on FP'ing the bundle until you can strengthen your LG skills. Otherwise, I don't think there's an absolute necessity for drilling the entire bundle before you begin PT'ing. But this will obviously vary on a case-by-case basis.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@akistotle @"Alex Divine" great advice... I was thinking about starting fool proofing now but wasn't sure ... I"ll get to work to stay ahead of the game! Thanks guys!

3679 karma

@akistotle @"Alex Divine" ok another question for you - when fool proofing do you have to fool proof the questions as well? I fool proofed the game board (took me an hour and half - KILL ME) and then went on to the questions. I got all but one correct so should I go over the questions again again until I get those right too? This seems a little futile to me because at a certain point you'll just start to remember that the correct answer is for instance "C" for a question. I got the impression that JY just meant to fool proof the game board but I wanted to be sure he didn't mean the questions as well before moving on. ...

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tringo335 said:
    @akistotle @"Alex Divine" ok another question for you - when fool proofing do you have to fool proof the questions as well? I fool proofed the game board (took me an hour and half - KILL ME) and then went on to the questions. I got all but one correct so should I go over the questions again again until I get those right too? This seems a little futile to me because at a certain point you'll just start to remember that the correct answer is for instance "C" for a question. I got the impression that JY just meant to fool proof the game board but I wanted to be sure he didn't mean the questions as well before moving on. ...

Yes, I think going over the questions is an important part of fool proofing. It doesn't really matter if you remember the answers. Your purpose should be remembering how to come to the inferences that solve the question.

• 42 karma

@akistotle Joining this convo, where do I find this "LG bundle"? Or it does not exist anymore? Just finished CC a couple of weeks ago too!

9372 karma

@adultish_gambino said:
    @akistotle Joining this convo, where do I find this "LG bundle"? Or it does not exist anymore? Just finished CC a couple of weeks ago too!

I think it’s available to Ultimate+ users only. :disappointed:

3679 karma

@adultish_gambino said:

Yea I just emailed Dillon about this. You have to be an Ultimate+ user :-( so I'll definitely be upgrading after I finish the CC.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tringo335 said:

@adultish_gambino said:

Yea I just emailed Dillon about this. You have to be an Ultimate+ user :-( so I'll definitely be upgrading after I finish the CC.

I did the same thing (upgraded once I finished the CC) very much worth it!

• edited October 2017 1025 karma

Fool proof as soon as you are able to. This is an awesome way to start your post-CC studying as well. Also, I think a day or two of CC review would be time well spent. I cannot even explain how helpful it would have been if I took the time to make flashcards and memorize all the general flaws and logical indicators. If you take the time to do that, you will not regret it!!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheDeterminedC said:
    Fool proof as soon as you are able to. This is an awesome way to start your post-CC studying as well. Also, I think a day or two of CC review would be time well spent. I cannot even explain how helpful it would have been if I took the time to make flashcards and memorize all the general flaws and logical indicators. If you take the time to do that, you will not regret it!!

Agreed. The first time through the CC, I rushed a bit and didn't take notes. The second time through I am taking notes/making flashcards, and I cannot tell you the difference.

• ChandymenChandymen Alum Member
    119 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@tringo335 said:

@adultish_gambino said:

Just eavesdropping in on here...but just wanted to ask if the LG bundles in Ultimate + are printable? Or do you need to physically go into the PT's and print them off manually?

Just finished CC, had premium, now thinking about upgrading to Ultimate +...do you strongly reccomend it? Thanks!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Chandymen said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@tringo335 said:

@adultish_gambino said:

Just eavesdropping in on here...but just wanted to ask if the LG bundles in Ultimate + are printable? Or do you need to physically go into the PT's and print them off manually?

Just finished CC, had premium, now thinking about upgrading to Ultimate +...do you strongly reccomend it? Thanks!

The come to Jesus moment for my LSAT prep, as it were, was definitely upgrading to the Ultimate + and gaining access to all of the drilling materials, problem sets, question bank, explanations, and, my favorite, the LG Bundle!

To answer your question, yes, it is printable as a bundle. No need to go into the individual tests and print each PT's games separately.

3679 karma

@TheDeterminedC said:

Well that makes me feel better. I sometimes feel like I'm going SOOO slow because I'm meticulously taking notes and reviewing everything before moving on. Good to know it will pay off.

• Nunuboy1994Nunuboy1994 Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Hey guys just curious...what is "foolproofing?"

9372 karma

@Nunuboy1994 said:
    Hey guys just curious...what is "foolproofing?"

This is a lesson excerpt from 7Sage's online course:
    https://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-score-on-the-logic-games/

• ChandymenChandymen Alum Member
    119 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Chandymen said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@tringo335 said:

@adultish_gambino said:

The come to Jesus moment for my LSAT prep, as it were, was definitely upgrading to the Ultimate + and gaining access to all of the drilling materials, problem sets, question bank, explanations, and, my favorite, the LG Bundle!

To answer your question, yes, it is printable as a bundle. No need to go into the individual tests and print each PT's games separately.

Awesome, thanks for the advice man!

• monika_pmonika_p Alum Member
    194 karma

Hi! Just wondering, don't the problem sets in the CC and the PT 1-35 bundle repeat themselves? I think all those practice problem sets are from PT 1-35 ( maybe @"Alex Divine" has some insight into this) :)

9372 karma

@monika_p said:
    Hi! Just wondering, don't the problem sets in the CC and the PT 1-35 bundle repeat themselves? I think all those practice problem sets are from PT 1-35 ( maybe @"Alex Divine" has some insight into this) :)

Yes, they do. :smile:

3679 karma

@akistotle said:

@monika_p said:

They don't include more in the bundle?

9372 karma

@tringo335 said:

@akistotle said:

@monika_p said:

They don't include more in the bundle?

Oh, the bundle has all the games in PT1-35.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

so my plan is to complete each game from the problem sets in the CC just once but record the score and timing (I used a stopwatch to record how long it takes).

then when I have finished all the LG lessons in the CC, I will gather up all the games where I did -1 and higher and fool proof them every day along with focusing on the other section of the CC (LR and RC). When those are complete, then I will focus on the remaining games from preptests 1-35 while still working in the CC.

When I have completed CC, I will begin practice sections/exams.

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    656 karma

@adultish_gambino You can make your own if you have access to PT's 1-35 from some other resource...that's what I did! I made 2 large binders of all of the games.

• BDBD Alum Member
    128 karma

Does anyone have a better way of foolproofing all games from PT 1-35..? A way that saves some paper? With two pages per game, that's about 20 pages for just one game.

I'm terrible at games but I'm contributing to the massacre of so many trees if I print out 10 copies.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I'm terrible at games but I'm contributing to the massacre of so many trees if I print out 10 copies.

In my LG practice alone (not counting PTs or LR/RC timed sections and drilling) I've used just about 2k sheets of paper : (

3679 karma

@BD said:
    Does anyone have a better way of foolproofing all games from PT 1-35..? A way that saves some paper? With two pages per game, that's about 20 pages for just one game.

I thought about that too :( Someone once asked JY this in a comment thread and he suggested to just bite the bullet and kill the trees lol.

• BDBD Alum Member
    128 karma

@jkatz1488 said:

In my LG practice alone (not counting PTs or LR/RC timed sections and drilling) I've used just about 2k sheets of paper : (

Oh jeez, the horror!

@tringo335 said:

I thought about that too :( Someone once asked JY this in a comment thread and he suggested to just bite the bullet and kill the trees lol.

I guess we must make the sacrifice lol.

3679 karma

@BD said:

@jkatz1488 said:

Oh jeez, the horror!

@tringo335 said:

Just promise to plant a couple trees when you're done studying and Mother Earth will forgive you.

• BDBD Alum Member
    128 karma

@tringo335 said:

Just promise to plant a couple trees when you're done studying and Mother Earth will forgive you.

hahaha! I shall!

9372 karma

@tringo335 said:

@BD said:

@jkatz1488 said:

Oh jeez, the horror!

@tringo335 said:

Oh did anyone tell you about @Pacifico's Logic Games Attack Strategy?
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

I actually used a slightly altered version of his method.

3679 karma

@akistotle said:

@tringo335 said:

@BD said:

@jkatz1488 said:

Oh jeez, the horror!

@tringo335 said:

Oh did anyone tell you about @Pacifico's Logic Games Attack Strategy?
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

I actually used a slightly altered version of his method.

This is the bomb.com. Thanks for sharing

• 136 karma

@BD I read somewhere that you can place the LG in a sheet protector and use a fine tip dry erase marker to fool proof! I've started using this method and it works wonder. Only complaint is that sometimes your hand may erase part of what you've done.. Just have to write carefully. AS YOU SHOULD!

3679 karma

@aburk3 said:
    @BD I read somewhere that you can place the LG in a sheet protector and use a fine tip dry erase marker to fool proof! I've started using this method and it works wonder. Only complaint is that sometimes your hand may erase part of what you've done.. Just have to write carefully. AS YOU SHOULD!

I like this idea!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@aburk3 said:

Interesting, I thought I was just using the sheet protectors as nicely labeled storage, but I did have one for every game.

I'm not sure if I like this for the ingenuity and kindness to trees or hate it for its flagrant disregard of the sacred dedication to all things pencil which all LSATers should properly be obsessed with.