Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlanta or NYC Forum

rene4231rene4231 Alum Member
in General 162 karma

Hello everyone! I was hoping to meet some fellow 7sage members at either the ATL or NYC forum, if anyone is going please let me know!

Comments

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

I'll be at the NYC forum with jeans and a polo on (lol but seriously). Looking to get a couple of brochures, business cards and the all important fee waivers.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@"Trust But Verify" said:
    I'll be at the NYC forum with jeans and a polo on (lol but seriously). Looking to get a couple of brochures, business cards and the all important fee waivers.

Wait they give out Fee waivers to these things! I'm going to the one in Houston next week.

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

@tringo335 said:

Wait they give out Fee waivers to these things! I'm going to the one in Houston next week.

Some, not all. But here's what you do, if a school doesn't give you a fee waiver, get a business card from the rep and send a nice email the next week and start that dialogue with that rep. Again, this won't work with all but fee-waivers are easier to get than people think. Most folks are just scared of hearing no.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@tringo335 said:

Some, not all. But here's what you do, if a school doesn't give you a fee waiver, get a business card from the rep and send a nice email the next week and start that dialogue with that rep. Again, this won't work with all but fee-waivers are easier to get than people think. Most folks are just scared of hearing no.

oh wow! good to know!

• annewr253annewr253 Alum Member
    439 karma

Hi @rene4231! I will be at the Atlanta Forum this week! We should definitely connect!

• rene4231rene4231 Alum Member
    162 karma

@attalla253 Yes, I would love to!

• TaylorAnnTaylorAnn Free Trial Member
    202 karma

I will be at the NYC forum most likely and @"Alex Divine" I think might go as well.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

what are the benefits to attending forums?

• rene4231rene4231 Alum Member
    162 karma

@sillllyxo said:
    what are the benefits to attending forums?

There are many benefits in attending the LSAC forums! It's really just a HUGE law school fair, but it also offers workshops throughout the day that covers on topics such as writing a resume and the application process. The forum allows potential law students to speak directly to admissions team members, receive information (brochures, flyers, ect.), and most importantly many schools give application fee waivers to students who attend. I highly recommend looking into it on the LSAC website! https://www.lsac.org/lawschoolforums/

• bsemb001bsemb001 Free Trial Member
    104 karma

Let me know if anyone is going to the LA forum next month. I'd rather have something in common with someone besides the the LSAT and caffeine.

• Mo ZubairMo Zubair Alum Member
    391 karma

I will be at NYC forum!!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

@TaylorAnn said:
    I will be at the NYC forum most likely and @"Alex Divine" I think might go as well.

Cash me outside, how bow dat? :mrgreen: