Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strategic ED applications

Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
in General 3521 karma

Hey all,

Grey day has not been kind to me. I had a question about strategically applying ED places. I've heard rumors that ED applications have deflated standards for their students. Is this true?

To be perfectly transparent, I was thinking of applying to Columbia ED. I got a 167 on the September Exam - below Columbia's 25th percentile; but I have a 3.9 GPA - well above Columbia's 75th percentile.

Do you think a strategic ED application may increase my chances/plausibly get me in?

Thanks,

Paul

Would it?
  1. Would it?14 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      50.00%

Comments

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

Yes, it would get you in. No, I would not apply ED to Columbia if I were you. You actually have a pretty decent profile. Retake and apply far and wide, in my opinion.

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

Yeah from all I've read, you probably do stand a better shot at getting into Columbia ED with your current stats...also read that they don't dole out the $$ with ED as much though.. Is anything preventing you from retaking in December or are you already planning on it? Maybe Columbia is your dream school and you're willing to pay sticker?