LR Workshop with Sage Josh | Abstract Concepts | Wednesday, November 8, 7:30pm EST

Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
edited November 2017 in Webinars 27809 karma

Over the next couple of months, I'll be hosting weekly sessions to focus on the LSAT's bag of tricks. These tricks are mostly nonlogical elements of the LSAT that often abstract the question in ways such that we frequently understand the logic and yet miss the question anyway. It's a big bag, but its contents are finite. Once you learn to recognize the tricks and what to do when you see them, you will improve your accuracy, improve your time, and improve your score.

This week: Abstract Concepts

Future tricks will include:

Referential Phrasing
The Switcheroo
Nonsense ACs
Supersets/Sets/Subsets
Comparative Language
SA Questions with no Gaps
Exploiting obvious pre-phrases

In order to preserve fresh tests, I will try to restrict the content to earlier tests as much as possible.

LR Tutoring with Sage Josh: Abstract Concepts
Wednesday, November 8, 7:30pm EST

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/894516589

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3122

Access Code: 894-516-589

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
Dial: 67.217.95.2##894516589
Cisco devices: 894516589@67.217.95.2

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

This is the exact type of workshop I love! All the nitty gritty tricks that the books don't necessarily touch on.

Yay!!

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    640 karma

Thank you Josh! This is pure awesomeness!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Can this recorded pleassee. I will be at work at that time.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

So excited for this! Can't wait!!

• Moniagui22Moniagui22 Alum Member
    61 karma

yes! Thanks :smile:

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:

I think you an I and @Freddy_D are the only west coasters on this forum haha! All of the times are always eastern! I also will be at work :(

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

I think you an I and @Freddy_D are the only west coasters on this forum haha! All of the times are always eastern! I also will be at work :(

lol, I was just about to say the same thing! I'm gonna be at work, too :cry: :cry:

• BDBD Alum Member
    128 karma

I'd like to join in! Which PTs will be used? I haven't started to preptest yet so I'd like to preserve preptests after PT 35.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

I'll try to draw exclusively from PTs 1 - 35. If anything comes from outside of that, I'll be sure to let everyone know!

• BDBD Alum Member
    128 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    I'll try to draw exclusively from PTs 1 - 35. If anything comes from outside of that, I'll be sure to let everyone know!

Thank you kindly! =)

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

Ahh, this sounds amazing but I'm working late. Is there anyway of recording it?

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

Thank you! This is going to be very useful.

• Mo ZubairMo Zubair Alum Member
    391 karma

Please, please, please record tis and post this asap. Work will come in the way of me attending.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

I will be joining late after my son goes to sleep!

27809 karma

I'll likely need to pull up questions for review, and things get tricky when recording copyrighted material. If I can figure out a way to do it so that I can get around that, I'll do it. Can't make any promises though:/

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

:) It's like a BR session?

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

Thank you for doing this! If its too tricky to record is their a way to get a brief summary of it? I'd also love to attend but tonight is my son's birthday and he always trumps the lsat :)

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

Not the only ones, me too me too! And yeah, I'll be working. :( If it was 5pm PST I could make it work but anything before that is not gonna happen (unless I can manage to stealthily sign in w/o my co-workers asking what I'm doing hahah).

• chicarysschicaryss Alum Member
    143 karma

Interested!

• 1LBound1LBound Alum Member
    149 karma

@"Cant Get Right" , thanks again for your time tonight, definitely some great pointers on prescriptive language. It seems the audio cut out on my end the last five minutes of your presentation, could it be possible you tell me what your remaining thoughts were? Thanks in advance!

edited October 2017 27809 karma

Thanks for a great turnout tonight everyone, and hope to see you all again next week!

@1LBound , my final thoughts were just to not over apply the concept. You'll see plenty of examples of prescriptive language with other applications, so this is only meant as something to keep in mind when you see it, not as a strict rule or approach.

• Lizzette GLizzette G Alum Member
    58 karma

West coaster here! Please have mercy on those of us working until 5PST lol

@"Leah M B" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

Not the only ones, me too me too! And yeah, I'll be working. :( If it was 5pm PST I could make it work but anything before that is not gonna happen (unless I can manage to stealthily sign in w/o my co-workers asking what I'm doing hahah).

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

Once again its on!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Really looking forward to Math! this Monday. For some reason numbers in LR questions are my Achilles' heel.

• Hbegum1Hbegum1 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Hi,

Could I find this online somewhere on 7Sage after it happens? The timing is really bad but I really want to do the workshop?

Thanks so much!

149 karma

Love opening up the forum and seeing all these workshops scheduled for this week! I'm ready to conquer LR. Thanks the millionth time!

• Grace...Grace... Alum Member
    339 karma

Thank you, Josh, for doing this. I will be there!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Really hoping for a recording if possible.

• ColleenieMartiniColleenieMartini Alum Member
    11 karma

I am about as far West Coast as you can get! In Hawaii it'll be happening at 1:30 pm :neutral: if the video can't be recorded and posted later, could there be a textual recap perhaps?
    Mahalo!

• Mo ZubairMo Zubair Alum Member
    edited October 2017 391 karma

Deleted! False alarm. :smile:

• yeshesviniyeshesvini Member
    113 karma

its crazy early like 5 am in India .....missed both times in a row ........going to try very hard to make it in wakeful state next week but is there any possibility of text recap for the earlier ones that I've missed?? please please

• ryansosciaryansoscia Alum Member
    25 karma

Is there a recording of this webinar?

149 karma

There will not be recordings of these types of webinars, since Josh uses past PT questions, LSAC charges a copyright fee.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

I totally get the copyright issue, but here's a thought: maybe--and I totally understand if this isn't possible---hypothetically, perhaps there is some way to set up one-time access to future webinars so that members who can't make it would get a one-time code, they would agree to the LSAC's and 7Sage's stipulations, they would be able to view it once, then it would disappear.

Thanks for the great work you do with the webinars---it really helps to hear people's stories--and I'm looking forward to the ones I can make this week.

9372 karma

The Problem of Knowledge! Yay! This is great because I have no knowledge on anything about anything. I don't even know who I am or what I am doing.

• TheLSATerTheLSATer Alum Member
    137 karma

Great webinar! Thank you, Josh!

• Grace...Grace... Alum Member
    339 karma

Yes. It was very helpful. Thank you.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Was this recorded? fingers crossed

9372 karma

@tringo335 said:

I don’t think these sessions are recorded. @"Cant Get Right" is using LSAT questions and licensing fees would cost a lot.....

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@akistotle said:

@tringo335 said:

I don’t think these sessions are recorded. @"Cant Get Right" is using LSAT questions and licensing fees would cost a lot.....

Bummer :( I wonder if there's any way they can say ahead of time whether or not the call will be recorded.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

If it involves LSAT questions, there's a 90% chance it will not be recorded.

27809 karma

Hey everyone, need to reschedule for this week, so just wanted to make sure everyone sees the update. See you Wednesday!

• den3ero-1den3ero-1 Member
    4 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Hey everyone, need to reschedule for this week, so just wanted to make sure everyone sees the update. See you Wednesday!

A little confused -- is it on Wednesday, Nov 8 or Saturday, Nov 11?

27809 karma

@"den3ero-1" said:
    A little confused -- is it on Wednesday, Nov 8 or Saturday, Nov 11?

Wednesday 8, thanks for pointing that out!

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Is it alright to attend even though I haven't finished the core curriculum yet?

27809 karma

@keets993 said:
    Is it alright to attend even though I haven't finished the core curriculum yet?

For this series, absolutely!

• Nedra C.Nedra C. Alum Member
    57 karma

I saw some previous comments asking, but wasn't sure if a clear answer was given or not - Is there a way to record / push back the lesson for us West Coast folks who might still be at work? Thank you in advance, either way! :)

27809 karma

Not recorded, but working on putting together something for those of you who can't make it!

• necessarynaominecessarynaomi Alum Member
    56 karma

This is pure gold; Thanks Josh for doing this for us. I've just watched your webinar on Post Curriculum and I'm ready to learn these tricks and call the LSAT writers on them when taking PTs and one day, the real LSAT.