Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital LSAT Field Test

Positive-1Positive-1 Live Member
edited July 2017 in General 985 karma

Hi Everyone.

Need suggestion. Im going to take dec Lsat and I have registred for the digital lsat test on October 14 2017 test which is for free and result will not be announce to Law school but details analysis and result for only test takers. Is it really wroth taking this test or im gonna waste time?

Comments

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

Last test was an exact copy of a previous exam. If you are trying to use the test as a means to get exposure to more/new materials, I would deem it a waste of time.

If you haven't sat through a proctored LSAT before, I highly recommend it since it will get you comfortable with the "procedure" which should hopefully get rid of some game day jitters. I recommend taking it for this second point alone. Everyone can benefit from getting experience to signing in, having a truly timed test, seeing how they do with the breaks, etc.

• Positive-1Positive-1 Live Member
    985 karma

@ Mellow. Thanks.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    Last test was an exact copy of a previous exam. If you are trying to use the test as a means to get exposure to more/new materials, I would deem it a waste of time.

If you haven't sat through a proctored LSAT before, I highly recommend it since it will get you comfortable with the "procedure" which should hopefully get rid of some game day jitters. I recommend taking it for this second point alone. Everyone can benefit from getting experience to signing in, having a truly timed test, seeing how they do with the breaks, etc.

Yeah, I was kind of pissed to find out that it was an already administered test. (won't say which one)

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@Shazia I don't think it's a waste of time. At least you get $100 back after you take in Dec. Just take it for the money!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tanes256 said:
    @Shazia I don't think it's a waste of time. At least you get $100 back after you take in Dec. Just take it for the money!

Is the $100 bucks worth your time? Is it worth burning a possible test you haven't taken yet? I guess it all depends on what you value.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@tanes256 said:

Is the $100 bucks worth your time? Is it worth burning a possible test you haven't taken yet? I guess it all depends on what you value.

??? I guess???

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tanes256 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@tanes256 said:

??? I guess???

Yeah, I considered it, but personally, I worry about which test they'll administer since the last one was a more recent test. If it was a completely new test for sure, I'd gladly sign up. Even then, taking the time from work + travel might not justify the $100.... That's just me though.

They need to make it $500 and then we got a deal ;)

1997 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@tanes256 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@tanes256 said:

??? I guess???

Yeah, I considered it, but personally, I worry about which test they'll administer since the last one was a more recent test. If it was a completely new test for sure, I'd gladly sign up. Even then, taking the time from work + travel might not justify the $100.... That's just me though.

They need to make it $500 and then we got a deal ;)

1997 karma

Looks like it'll be a fresh test

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    Looks like it'll be a fresh test

Damn, now I'm reconsidering. It's on a Saturday so I probably won't have any incredible amount of work and it is on my birthday. I'll definitely going to think about it!

Thanks, @Mellow_Z. I follow Dave on Twitter, Idk how the heck I missed that.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

I signed up for it because I wanted to get the test experience. I wouldn't mind a test from 1-35. I'm happy to hear it is a fresh test.

Do we get more time on the digital version? It's no secret that, on average, reading on electronics is slower.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@USER123456 said:
    I signed up for it because I wanted to get the test experience. I wouldn't mind a test from 1-35. I'm happy to hear it is a fresh test.

Do we get more time on the digital version? It's no secret that, on average, reading on electronics is slower.

Nope, you don't get more time from what I know.

I'm so on the verge of signing up for this. The experience seems pretty awesome. Especially now that I know it's going to be a previously unreleased test.

3279 karma

I have a question so I am bumping this thread. Are we allowed to bring pencils to the digital exam? The information sheet says they will provide pencils for us, and lists outside pencils as a prohibited item. That seems odd to me. Why would they change the pencil rule?

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    edited October 2017 1617 karma

@10000019 said:
    I have a question so I am bumping this thread. Are we allowed to bring pencils to the digital exam? The information sheet says they will provide pencils for us, and lists outside pencils as a prohibited item. That seems odd to me. Why would they change the pencil rule?

If it says that they provide pencils and that outside pencils are prohibited, then you probably aren't allowed to bring pencils ;)

• btsao650btsao650 Alum Member
    254 karma

Does anyone know when the scores (and fee waiver) are supposed to come out? For some reason I thought you were going to get automatic feedback at the end of the exam.

• BDBD Alum Member
    128 karma

@btsao650 said:
    Does anyone know when the scores (and fee waiver) are supposed to come out? For some reason I thought you were going to get automatic feedback at the end of the exam.

I read somewhere that they send you the results in like 6 weeks...that's an awfully long time. Also, I believe you're supposed to request a refund of an actual administration after you take it.

3279 karma

So we didn't get pencils, but we got one pen. Not a huge deal, but I don't see why they wouldn't let us bring pencils.

We don't get a score back. We get a report that tells us how many we got wrong from each section, but they aren't going to normalize and provide a numerical score.

I thought it said within 6 weeks. If you're taking December, I think you request the refund after.