Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The time at which I take the PT is a huge factor

skrishnanskrishnan Alum Member
edited October 2017 in General 209 karma

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this-

When I take a PT first thing in the morning Vs when I take a Pt Late afternoon/evening my scores differ substantially. I end up scoring higher on the morning PT's and find myself a lot more distracted in the evenings.
Thankfully, the test is in the morning but it's making it hard for me to analyse my tests.
I'm going to take all my PT's in the morning now, since my last Pt which I took Late afternoon has really discouraged me :(

Any insights on how to analyse test results in such a case? Also, how long does it usually take most of you to BR, I find myself BR'ing almost for an entire day after each PT (4-6 hours) and can't BR on the same day of the test. How can I be more efficient with that?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

I'm not sure I'd write off that PT simply because you took it later in the day. So analyze it just like you would any other; the data is just as valuable. That being said, I think it's really smart to take the PT at the same time you'll take the real thing. I made sure to not only take the PT at the right time, but also coordinate my entire morning routine to exactly how I wanted it to look on test day. For BR, it sounds like you're doing it right. Quality not quantity, so keep at it and do what it takes to break everything open!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@skrishnan said:
    Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this-

When I take a PT first thing in the morning Vs when I take a Pt Late afternoon/evening my scores differ substantially. I end up scoring higher on the morning PT's and find myself a lot more distracted in the evenings.
    Thankfully, the test is in the morning but it's making it hard for me to analyse my tests.
    I'm going to take all my PT's in the morning now, since my last Pt which I took Late afternoon has really discouraged me :(

Any insights on how to analyse test results in such a case? Also, how long does it usually take most of you to BR, I find myself BR'ing almost for an entire day after each PT (4-6 hours) and can't BR on the same day of the test. How can I be more efficient with that?

Thanks in Advance

I think your BR time is highly correlated with how well you're scoring. So, someone scoring in the 170s will invariably spend less time having to BR than most scoring in the 160s.

I myself tend to spend 1-2 full days to do a proper blind review. I type out explanations for any and all questions circled, then watch the explanations, and write up post-BR notes for how to improve going forward.

• skrishnanskrishnan Alum Member
    209 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Thankyou :smile: Yes I'm analysing all tests equally. This was just a trend I noticed.
    @"Alex Divine" I haven't reached 170 yet and spend at least a whole day BR'ing. All your explanations really help the rest of us! Thank you