Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deferring or re-applying

KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
edited October 2017 in Law School Admissions 346 karma

X

Comments

• chicarysschicaryss Alum Member
    143 karma

It would be a good idea to contact the schools you're interested in and ask admissions. In Canada, you would need to provide a good reason for deferral and they may not even allow it.

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Thanks, yeah it makes sense that the schools would have the most accurate info but I don't really feel comfortable asking them these questions (seems kinda flippant when I'm then going to turn around and ask/beg them for admission!). Wondering if anyone has any experience with any of this?

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

You should be good on fee waivers. You completely start over on financial aid/scholarships if you defer. Deferral shouldn't be a problem if you need to for one year, but beyond that I think usually requires some really extenuating circumstances. As far as turning them down and reapplying, I'm not positive, but my guess is it would have little effect, but yield protection is something they're concerned with so I could see how it might come into play.

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Thank you both for your responses - really appreciate it!