Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GPA question

zehrafaryalzehrafaryal Member
in General 8 karma

Hi, i was wondering if i can get some advice. I graduated with a 2.41 GPA which is very low, do I have any chances in law school if I get a high lsat score ? Im not dreaming of going to a very high rated Law school like Harvard or University of Toronto.Any decent medium rated will work for me. Im very confused, please advise me and let me know if you know anyone with a low gpa and high lsat score who got into a law school. thanks

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Absolutely! You still have a chance.

With a high LSAT score, almost anything is possible. Maybe T13 schools are out of the cards, but if you score a 170+ I think you'll still be competitive as some decent schools.

Put all your energy into doing well on the LSAT! Don't give up :)

Good luck

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

I would say for sure you have a chance! I know of someone who also had a low GPA (not even sure if it was in the 2.0 range) but he got a 174 on the LSAT.

He ended up going to a very well-respected law school in his area, which was great for him as he wanted to ultimately work in the city where he went to school. If you know of a particular city or region where you want to live/work after law school, maybe try to focus your attention there. But of course, with a great LSAT score (and maybe an addendum to explain the less-than-stellar GPA), you could potentially have a lot of options.

Kill the LSAT and your opportunities really open up, from what I hear :smiley:

• zehrafaryalzehrafaryal Member
    8 karma

thank you so much you guys for the encouragement. :)

• chicarysschicaryss Alum Member
    143 karma

@zehrafaryal Are you applying to Canada, U.S. or both? In Canada, many of the schools weigh your LSAT and GPA 50/50 so it would help to check with the schools you're interested in and see what you will need on the LSAT.

Here is a super helpful link to calculate your chances:

http://lawstudents.ca/forums/topic/46936-want-to-know-your-chances-read-this-first-—-how-to-get-feedbackadvice-on-your-chances/

Good luck with your studies!