Summa cum laude?

Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
edited January 2018 in Law School Admissions 877 karma

Hey All,

If my graduating GPA was a [] and I received summa cum laude at graduation, but my LSAC GPA is a [] (darn you high school college courses...and I also transferred from a university where my GPA was a bit lower), should I indicate summa cum laude on my resume? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to present my GPA in general, considering the drastic difference between my graduating GPA and my LSAC GPA...Should I indicate both? I was originally planning on leaving my GPA off, considering they have my transcripts, but 7Sage's admissions course recommends adding your GPA unless your GPA is horrendous.

Thanks.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

@Sarah889 said:
    Hey All,

If my graduating GPA was a 3.98 and I received summa cum laude at graduation, but my LSAC GPA is a 3.68 (darn you high school college courses...and I also transferred from a university where my GPA was a bit lower), should I indicate summa cum laude on my resume? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to present my GPA in general, considering the drastic difference between my graduating GPA and my LSAC GPA...Should I indicate both? I was originally planning on leaving my GPA off, considering they have my transcripts, but 7Sage's admissions course recommends adding your GPA unless your GPA is horrendous.

Thanks.

Your GPA on the resume is your 3.98 and you can and should indicate summa.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Yeah, you're fine to indicate summa cum laude on your resume. They will be able to check on your transcript either way.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're asking if you should put both your LSAC GPA and UG GPA on your resume? I say no, just put your UG GPA.