Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is too late to take to the February LSAT for Fall applications

faddy878faddy878 Alum Member
in General 47 karma

Hello,

Just wondering, is it too late to the February LSAT for fall applications. Most schools I have chosen, have deadlines starting in March. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Comments

• FirstOneFirstOne Core Member
    172 karma

No. However, I suggest that you check with the school's you find of interests, to gauge how scholarship and stipend monies are handled with a February LSAT score for Fall of 2018.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@faddy878 said:
    Hello,

Just wondering, is it too late to the February LSAT for fall applications. Most schools I have chosen, have deadlines starting in March. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Some schools take Feb scores but it really depends on the school. I don't recommend taking Feb as your first and only LSAT of a cycle though. First, Feb tests aren't disclosed so you won't know where you miss questions. Second, if you need to retake, it will likely be too late for most schools.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@faddy878 said:
    Hello,

Some schools take Feb scores but it really depends on the school. I don't recommend taking Feb as your first and only LSAT of a cycle though. First, Feb tests aren't disclosed so you won't know where you miss questions. Second, if you need to retake, it will likely be too late for most schools.

AlexDivine - any idea why the Feb test is not disclosed?

• faddy878faddy878 Alum Member
    47 karma

@FirstOne good idea about the scholarships and stipend. I will look into that.

@"Alex Divine" Thank you for your response. Is it wise to take the December exam and then sign up for Feb before results come in? I am kind of under a lot stress with work, studying and getting ready to travel in december. I thought after my vacation, I will be well rested and ready to tackle the Feb exam.

• BDBD Alum Member
    128 karma

I believe they recycle sections/material from undisclosed administrations, or something along those lines.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@faddy878 said:
    @FirstOne good idea about the scholarships and stipend. I will look into that.

@"Alex Divine" Thank you for your response. Is it wise to take the December exam and then sign up for Feb before results come in? I am kind of under a lot stress with work, studying and getting ready to travel in december. I thought after my vacation, I will be well rested and ready to tackle the Feb exam.

Best bet is to always take it once your scoring where you want to on PTs. February might be right for you if you are hitting your goal score by then.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LCMama2017 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@faddy878 said:
    Hello,

It comes down to the fact that LSAC needs to have unreleased exams saved for Sabbath takers, cancelled test dates (like the ones resulting from the recent hurricanes), and overseas tests. So they use undisclosed Feb tests for a lot of this because creating new LSATs takes a lot of time and resources.

• 10bird__10bird__ Member
    80 karma

I already took the Sept test and signed up for the Dec test. If I don't hit my average in the Dec test, can I still take the Feb test and send in the info after all my apps are submitted for scholarship/waitlist purposes?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@10bird__ said:
    I already took the Sept test and signed up for the Dec test. If I don't hit my average in the Dec test, can I still take the Feb test and send in the info after all my apps are submitted for scholarship/waitlist purposes?

Yup. That's actually a great strategy if you think you can score higher in Feb.

2134 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@10bird__ said:

Yup. That's actually a great strategy if you think you can score higher in Feb.

This is what I was thinking of doing also. Thx AlexDivine.

47 karma

I guess I will take it in December and Feb also. I am just slow on time, especially in RC and RC is my strongest area. Thank you folks for all your responses.

• 193 karma

I just went to an open House with Admission Director for GSU. At least for GSU, they accept LSAT scores up until after the June test. But, they have been admitting folks since October, and giving out financial awards, so if you were hoping to get some $$$ then you might be out of luck. You might consider taking a year off if you need the money to get through it. She did say if you are in that 180 range, they would of course make a lot exceptions for you. Good luck.

47 karma

I am planning on applying at GSU as well. I graduated with an M.A. from Clark and have taken some classes at GSU, but I didn't know they have open house admission for law school. I will follow up with GSU and see if they have anymore open house admission anytime soon.

2134 karma

@catgonzalez1974 said:
    I just went to an open House with Admission Director for GSU. At least for GSU, they accept LSAT scores up until after the June test. But, they have been admitting folks since October, and giving out financial awards, so if you were hoping to get some $$$ then you might be out of luck. You might consider taking a year off if you need the money to get through it. She did say if you are in that 180 range, they would of course make a lot exceptions for you. Good luck.

Your last sentence made me lol.... i'm sure most schools would make exceptions for those folks in the "180 range"!!