Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC applications for Yale and Harvard not working?

vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
edited October 2017 in General 1084 karma

Hey just wondering if anyone else is having trouble loading the applications on LSAC for Yale and Harvard? I've tried multiple times on different days and it won't let me load the application. I thought it might be because of volume of people applying.
Any thoughts? Anyone else successfully uploaded or submitted?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

It's because they've already both accepted you because you're so awesome! :)

Hope everything is going well! Sorry I don't have more to offer on why they are not working. I hope someone else will!

• rifqa.baryrifqa.bary Member
    17 karma

Yale applications are not open yet. They should be closer to the end of this month - maybe same with Harvard?

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

@"rifqa.bary" no they are both totally open. Check the LSAC site. I've been watching it for months :)

1084 karma

@LSATcantwin
    Thanks bro! hope you are well these days. You taking December?

• rifqa.baryrifqa.bary Member
    17 karma

oh, great! hmm.. I am not sure then.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2017 1917 karma

Both are working for me. I find the LSAC website to be temperamental. Sometimes it takes logging out and back in or restarting your browser...

@"rifqa.bary" Yale application opened on Friday. Giddy up.

1084 karma

Yale's applications opened October 20th, and Harvard opened September 15th

13286 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    @LSATcantwin
    Thanks bro! hope you are well these days. You taking December?

Yep lol I did a blind review of Sept 2017 and got a 180. I honestly don't know how I missed the questions that I did. I think you are right, the test is 50/50 on skill and mentality.

I took my first PT since the test yesterday and got a 176. So I know I am capable, I just need to calm down and preform to the best of my ability.

Hope the application process is going well! (I'm secretly scared to start that part...it almost seems harder than the LSAT haha)

edited October 2017 1084 karma

@AllezAllez21 good to know. I've tried multiple times and have no idea why it's not working. Maybe I'll try my boyfriend's computer.

@LSATcantwin 180! that's amazing. Yeah you totally got the skills, you are just getting the nerves down. I will be sending you good vibes as I know you can do this.

And yeah, applications are a bit of a bitch, no doubt. I've sent in all my apps for Canada and now just doing Yale and Harvard. The waiting for months for responses will probably be the hardest part :)

edited October 2017 13286 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    @AllezAllez21 good to know. I've tried multiple times and have no idea why it's not working. Maybe I'll try my boyfriend's computer.

@LSATcantwin 180! that's amazing. Yeah you totally got the skills, you are just getting the nerves down. I will be sending you good vibes as I know you can do this.

And yeah, applications are a bit of a bitch, no doubt. I've sent in all my apps for Canada and now just doing Yale and Harvard. The waiting for months for responses will probably be the hardest part :)

Good luck to you! The wait is always killer, but I think that's just what future lawyers have to endure.

Wait for LSAT score, wait for acceptance, wait for bar results....they just like to keep us waiting.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    edited October 2017 756 karma

I would say if logging in and out doesn't work, I would also try loading up the website in a private browser window (this will act as if you've cleared all cookies/cache/etc without having to actually do those things).

1084 karma

Hey guys just got Yale working, thanks! Re-started my computer and browser.

@LSATcantwin yeah I feel you. Which is why getting into meditation now will serve well. It's all about being with the wait ;)

Best of luck to you!

• DatguyM15DatguyM15 Alum Member
    211 karma

I think the their system is struggling because I can't access several of my applications either to different schools. Kind of annoying!

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Try clearing your cache, something might be stuck.
    http://7sage.com/clear-cache/

• __emsss____emsss__ Alum Member
    65 karma

I called the LSAC because of this the other day. If you have the same problem as me, you have to clear your cookies/cache etc and close the browser. This error happens because using the browser "back" and "forward" buttons confuses the LSAC website - they think you have two pages open or haven't closed applications which results in an eternal error. So, use the internal LSAC "cancel" or "go back" buttons in order to avoid this again in the future.

1084 karma

@DatguyM15 yes super annoying!

@floripa17 and @"Dillon A. Wright" cool good to know.
    I did finally get through on Yale. The application took so long though that I'm going to wait till tomorrow for Harvard lol

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

So exciting! good luck on getting in!

• Moniagui22Moniagui22 Alum Member
    61 karma

@"vanessa fisher" Best of luck on both apps :)