Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts.

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
edited October 2017 in General 13286 karma

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts."

• Winston Churchill

• Michel Scott

• LSATcantwin

Since the September test and score release I have been really struggling to pull myself out of a slump. Thanks to this community and the encouragement that I've gotten I can say I am feeling better and back at my studying. Thank you for being awesome people.

The biggest take away from my experience is that you can never stop preparing. There will be no moment when you become an LSAT god and score 180 on every test with 10min to spare each section. Perfection is not the goal, accuracy is. Everybody, even masters like J.Y., still make mistakes on this test. The only tool we have in our bag is how prepared we are to take it.

Which leads me to truly believe that every single one of us is capable of achieving our dream score on the LSAT. Because this test is all about how prepared, experienced, and confident you are in yourself; we are all able to do what we set our minds to. It might take different amounts of time from one person to the next, but it's 100% doable.

So if you are ever frustrated by a section, question, passage or game, remind yourself that it is a learning opportunity. Tell yourself that since you've seen it before you will never let yourself fall for that trap again. Eventually the LSAT will start having less and less tricks up its sleeve to throw you off. Your confidence will continue to grow, and you'll have more experience under your belt.

Here's to all my re-takers, first timers, past/future successes.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a9471bc46eda95c3ca3dec5512d5b683/tenor.gif?itemid=5547815

Comments

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@LSATcantwin Good to see that you're back to yourself.

• rifqa.baryrifqa.bary Member
    17 karma

Amen to that!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@uhinberg said:
    @LSATcantwin Good to see that you're back to yourself.

Yep! Thanks to you guys, and a good score on my first PT, I am here to offer more motivation/encouragement!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Amen @LSATcantwin . And as your name implies, lsat cant win unless you let it

• lgsb0629lgsb0629 Alum Member
    100 karma

Thanks
    I have been in an emotional LSAT roller coaster since June. I almost had a panic attack yesterday.
    But like Michael Jackson says come December LSAT, "This is it".

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

He's back y'all! :) :) :)

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@tringo335 said:
    He's back y'all! :) :) :)

Yes. Thank's to you guys!

• DatguyM15DatguyM15 Alum Member
    211 karma

Hope this lifts you're spirits. I took my first LSAT Sept. 2009 and got a 148. Flash forward to June 2017 I got a 159. Retook it in Sept. 2017 and got a 167.

Don't quit. It's just a test and it does not define the success or failure of your legal career. Great lawyers and careers are built from the lowest of beginnings. I think of it like the NFL draft, plenty of Tom Brady's are not getting picked until very late, i.e. less than stellar LSAT scores, and plenty of JeMarcus Russells are killing it. It is your body of work that matters in the end.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

:)

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited October 2017 9372 karma