Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many schools are you applying to?

I figure that 3 safety schools and 4 semi reach schools are enough for me, what about you?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

6 schools for sure. Might add more to negotiate scholarships with. I would blanket the T14, but I really want to stay on the east coast. I'll probably apply to any schools of interest I get a fee wavier too as well.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

I will apply almost all of the T14. Really love a good number of schools in there.

Scholarship negotiation is a reality of law school applications and with fee waivers to almost all of those schools it won't hurt to apply.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Yeah i was thinking of blanketing the t14 but since im taking the lsat in december i dont have that many fee waivers, im hoping that i will still get some waivers

• vichinskyvichinsky Live Member
    519 karma

Are you guys using fee waivers as well ?

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

I think you will get some, and based on how quickly they came I think you will be able to use some. Probably wouldn't wait more than 2 weeks-ish though.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

All T14. May include Georgetown as a 15th.

• yeshesviniyeshesvini Member
    113 karma

might be a naive qs but how does one go about asking for fee waivers??

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Fourteen.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited October 2017 3072 karma

@yeshesvini said:

Politely and concisely request one. Also, include the following information in a format similar to this:
    LSDAS GPA: x.xx

LSAT SCORE: xxx

LSAC ACCOUNT NUMBER: Lxxxxxxxx

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Also a few schools that I was interested had information on fee waivers on their websites. So I’d suggest starting there first - search the website for “fee waivers”, then if nothing comes up, send a short and sweet email.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

The T13 minus Yale and Stanford (and minus UT if you go by T14), WUSTL, Fordham and probably 1 NYC safety school because why not.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@goingfor99th said:

@yeshesvini said:

Politely and concisely request one. Also, include the following information in a format similar to this:
    LSDAS GPA: x.xx

LSAT SCORE: xxx

LSAC ACCOUNT NUMBER: Lxxxxxxxx

I was wondering as well thank you!