Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curious?

scrichard1279scrichard1279 Alum Member
edited October 2017 in Law School Admissions 26 karma

Two days ago I began studying for the lsat. I have never opened a book on the test or had any kind of previous experience with it. I just wanted to see where I was at initially. I made a 146, I was pretty upset. I want to make a 160, is this 14 point jump reasonable to assume I can do that with 4 months of preparation? I’m sorry but I don’t know much about the test in that aspect. Any thoughts?

In the dark 146 to 4 months studying and hitting 16?
  1. Very possible7 votes
    1. Maybe
      100.00%
    2. No way
        0.00%

Comments

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

I would say that it is very doable. As long as you take the time to solidify the fundementals you will be more than fine

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

Going from 146 -> 160 will be a journey in learning the fundamentals of the test, so yes, I think that sort of a jump in 4 months is possible. Each extra point in the 160s onwards, and in to the 170s, will be way more challenging to earn. But I would ask yourself why you're giving yourself only 4 months to prepare? I can personally vouch for the 7Sage course, and one thing it emphasises is giving yourself enough time to prepare and not rushing to take the test.

• scrichard1279scrichard1279 Alum Member
    26 karma

I had actually planned on studying until February taking my first official test and then I was going to do a “Blueprint “ class March April and May and take the June exam. I’m looking for any advice, I was told that blueprint could increase your score a considerable amount?

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

It won't let me vote "very possible". I started at a 146 and I'm at 165+ now with a real opportunity to go 170+. I know the improvement seems daunting but I really believe you're going to look back on this post 3 months from now and laugh.

When I started I was missing -18 in games and a bunch of LR. How can you get an sufficient assumption question correct when you don't even know what that is? You'll get there, even if it takes 6 months. Ask lots of questions, take notes, and analyze the questions you find in the cc.

• scrichard1279scrichard1279 Alum Member
    26 karma

Jkatz, wow! That’s impressive and encouraging . Thank you for letting me know. Did you strictly use 7sage?

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@stevencrichard1279 said:
    I had actually planned on studying until February taking my first official test and then I was going to do a “Blueprint “ class March April and May and take the June exam. I’m looking for any advice, I was told that blueprint could increase your score a considerable amount?

Any exposure to decent material about the test will enable one to considerably improve upon their diagnostic. The real mark of superior LSAT prep material is its ability to help someone achieve superior scores.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Although its taken me time i started with a 147 and im at around a 173 now. As @jkatz1488 mentioned, ask questions, dont move on until u are 100% sure of everything u learnt, and give ur brain time to soak up the info

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

@jkatz1488, Good points. @stevencrichard1279, I'm voting for very possible as well. If you keep determine a path that works for your schedule and stay active, I'm imagining that things will work out in good ways.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@stevencrichard1279

Jkatz, wow! That’s impressive and encouraging . Thank you for letting me know. Did you strictly use 7sage?

I did a tour of services at the beginning out of desperation and ignorance lol I've got the LSAT Trainer book (useful) and the Power Bibles (useless); I did Blue Print (hated it) briefly as well as LSAT Hacks (good as a supplement). 7Sage is the most holistic source with the best community imo. You're in the right place!